Epic day on IBSP yesterday

Fredrick

Fredrick

Yeah, it's been gangbusters all week. Just haven't been able to get two days off. I'm hoping to pull another run to the shore sometime soon. I'm guessing that the fall run may last relatively late in the year the way things have been so far this fall. Hopefully, they'll still be good fishing up to X-mas and maybe a few days beyond.

Fred,
thanks for the Betty an Nicks web address i thought they had gone out of business a few years ago.Great to see they are still going,this is my main place to get all reports for IBSP and their jetties.
Fishidiot,
ill be headed there the week after the fisrst week of buck,hopefully ill get a buck early an can hit erie a few days.
why not meet me an a few guys maybe we can hit em good on the beach or on the North Jetty.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

I can tell you love your jetty's lonewolf

Dave,

IBSP is as good as it gets. Betty & Nick's report:

11/26/11 UPDATED 4:37 Pm Another awesome day. The bite started later in the morning, and it was mostly on the south end of IBSP. We weighed in another 100+ bass today, 2 pages worth in the log book. Be out there tomorrow before dead high tide with metal and teasers. We are loaded with AVA jigs and I am trying to put together as many teasers as I can. Good night.

UPDATED 2:13 PM Nailing a ton of big fish on the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr south end of IBSP right now.

UPDATED 11:21 AM I have been weighing in bass for an hour straight now. It was a late start, but they bailed them on the south end of IBSP and I just weighed in a bass from an angler who says they are blitzing right now at the end of IBSP from Area 23 to The Pocket. There are birds working. Get out there.

UPDATED 8:10 AM Just weighed in my first 2 bass of the day and as far as I know, they were bailing bass at Areas 12 and 19 right at sunup. Everyone was hooked up.

UPDATED 4:19 AM Conditions are absolutely perfect now for 3 day straight. The fishing gets better every day. Let's hope we can make it 16 days in a row sans last Wednesday. See you soon.

Link to source: http://bettyandnicks.com/fish.shtml

No doubt! This fall run will be one for the history books - the surf regulars in NJ are saying the fishing beats anything they've seen in years. It started about two weeks ago and has been off the charts every day since. It's worth keeping in mind when the blitz is on...how often we visit the shore and catch the skunk. Anyway, word has got out and IBSP is getting fished hard on weekends.

Looks like Montauk: :)

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/826253/today-ibsp

Not much room for the fly rod is there I never seen it that crowded . I would of elbowed my way in somewhere around there :cool:

This is why I go to island beach and sea side area. I always do well in the fall. I was there Friday got 3 keeper bass and a ton of shad in about a few hours. Got one on the long rod once the crowd started to check out.

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww149/marcQ2/1322437500.jpg

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww149/marcQ2/1322437720.jpg

[color=0000FF]Not much room for the fly rod is there I never seen it that crowded . I would of elbowed my way in somewhere around there[/color]

Fred,
Yeah, it's crowded LOL

Fished Sandy Hook last Monday and yesterday. Fortunately, I have a friend with a boat, which improves the odds tremendously with these fish. Each of those trips resulted in total catches among 4 guys of 21-40 stripers and 2-5 slammer blues on artificials. I missed the day of 84 stripers to the boat (last Friday). It is a good run this year and that is in direct contrast to last fall's, which ended before it began along the mid-Atlantic states due to rapidly falling ocean water temps. I would not say that it is better or worse than the previous three falls leading into 2010, at least not from my experiences and those of my friends', but warm water temps (53-54 deg F yesterday and last week) may keep them hanging around to produce what could be an exceptional year.

And to think, I was in sunny Jacksonville, FL, 80 degrees...No shoes, shorts & T, long rod for red fish. Didn't see another person fishing, was on Mayport Naval Base jetty. Fishing was iffy at best, but it sure was a very welcomed change.

Unfortunately for me, my schedule doesn't allow for a saltwater trip until the first weekend of January!

Will be on the Hook again Friday , there are fish moving ,can't hook up at home.
A friend's brother lives in long island ,he says still fish moving down
See you guys in the suds!

Anybody going to be up or interested in going up to sandy hook on monday dec 5? My girlfriend got me a TFO BVK for xmas that should be coming sometime this week. Being the discerning woman she is, she has generously agreed to let me open up my new toy before christmas, so i'm looking to throw some line and maybe even hook a fish with it.
In other news the guy at orvis downingtown told me about this yesterday...http://www.nj.com/shore/blogs/fishing/index.ssf/2011/11/bluefin_tuna_in_bay_head_surf.html ...throw a line into the ocean and you could get just about anything.

Wish i could get a weekday off....

Iceguides - i'll look into it, but i am short on time off.

i'm going to make a morning trip for sure this weekend...thinking sunday. just gotta pick a beach...decisions, decisions...anyone else going to be out?

if your looking to get a fly in the water i would highly advise to avoid ibsp its been a mob. like ten feet between people. that what ive heard on stripers online atleast. the friday after thanksgiving i was these was ok. there was about 20 feet between each guy. someone crossed me and i went to uncross and out of the blue some old guy jumped in my spot. i mean like right where i was standing. he stayed there for about 10 mins trying but he got nothing. then he went and talked to the guy that crossed me and i hooked up with a bass just short of a keeper right in front of him. he asked for it and i said no. so he started fishing next to me again. the point is ibsp you really get a mixed bunch when reports are good. guys that dont know how to fish and fishing etiquette. i would maybe stay north still Monmouth County to seaside is where im might go friday morning. havent made up my mind. seaside will be kinda empty cause its still the week but once the weekend everyone and there brother are there dunking bait. ths was the fish he wanted.

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww149/marcQ2/1322711801.jpg

Doesn't count doesn't count :cool:

Is IBSP on fire?!?!

Fredrick wrote:
Doesn't count doesn't count :cool:

haha

nice fish tho. and yeah i don't wanna touch the park after what i've been reading...crowds in general, but also bc i would fear for the safety of anyone nearby while i put on my ugly casting clinic.

I've decided on a sunday run tho...just a little more homework to do now...

Back