Epic day on IBSP yesterday

Well I really wasn't trying to **** anyone off and end up getting in a fight with some new York a hole. Just a little respect for the other anglers around you and you'll be fine. An that fish counts. Regardless to how you catch it. Sure I'd rather catch it on a fly rod but its fun to catch fish in general so I was happy with it.

whens its that crowded, you had better not fly fish in the middle of those jokers. most are from NEEEEEEEW YORRRK City..

marcq wrote:
Well I really wasn't trying to **** anyone off and end up getting in a fight with some new York a hole. Just a little respect for the other anglers around you and you'll be fine. An that fish counts. Regardless to how you catch it. Sure I'd rather catch it on a fly rod but its fun to catch fish in general so I was happy with it.

FLY OR DIE Marq . Should of told them to go back to NY

most rentals from seaside heights to the park are from n. joisey/new york. they like to fight too..

trust me i like to catch fish on a fly rod just as much as anyone else. id rather not start any trouble i just finish things. haha

no thanks to the park , I will patrol the Hook and sea bright to pick away at the fish. Will be on the Hook tomorrow

Hit IBSP today. Crowded and very poor fishing. I wrote a full report in the Stream Reports section.

The stripers are still coming through in big numbers. On Tuesday 12/6 in the drizzle, four of my fishing friends landed over 50 from their boat below Sandy Hook. Typical size was about 26", but they each had a few 28-33" fish. Once they found the fish they were on them for hours with little need to move any great distances to find a new group. The fish were fairly close to shore but not within shore casting distance, even with metal. Water temp 51 deg F.

Yup, IBSP too as of Wednesday. 20 or more stripers caught in a few hours, some to 20lbs, and all from the surf. Most on Sand eel type teasers with surf rods, but FFers catching fish too.

good to hear! i'll be in AC this weekend, and it will likely be my last salt trip of the year. much different area/water to fish but hopefully i can get into something.

i wish i could have made the tying jam on sat, but if anyone is around for a quick morning trip or two, feel free to join.

12/9/11: Stripers still present in big numbers in the Sandy Hook, NJ area. Four buddies in a boat fishing from daybreak 'till early afternoon landed between 70-80 total on artificials, most in depths up to 20 ft. Initially, it took them an hour or two to find the fish, but once they located them it was game on.

Back