Emerger Swap

Ok. Gotcha. I just read back Krott's last post where it says 16. I must've missed it. I don't have a problem if you tie 8 and 8.

Try to get the flies to me by April 20th, not a big deal if someone needs a few more days. Tie 16 of the same pattern, that way everyone has 2 of the same fly in there box, we all know how it is having 1 of something when its working. GenCon, not a problem, tie 8 of each, whatever works for you with the materials you have available. I'll pm everyone with an address, send them with a self addressed and stamped envelope so I can get them back to everyone.

Flies are done. Here is my recipe

Dairichi size 16 125 emerger hook
Tan hairs ear plus dubbing
Small gold Mylar rib
Tan CDC collar
Elk hair wing

It's probably border line emerger/dry fly but with just the wing greased it sits in the film of riffles and catches fish well on spring creek
Hope everyone likes them

Krot, thanks for under standing. Ok then I will be doing 8-Hendrichson loop wing emergers and 8- of Matts isonychia emergers with a slight variation.

GenCon

PM sent with address information. Let me know if there are any problems. Thanks

Address received!

Just a heads up for everyone...my materials are en route, but work has been nutty lately. Worst case scenario...I may be a couple days behind on the flies; but without a doubt, I will get them done and out. I'll keep you all posted.

Bump.

Finally got started last night, tried a couple different options, and I think I like this one the best.

Edit:

jay348 wrote:
but since tan is covered...I'll go green.

In hindsight...I blew this one. May work up another variation or two tonight.

Attachments

• caddis.jpg
    caddis.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 4
lol wtf are those? jk look good.

4 more to go. It looks like everyone is getting 3 flies a piece from me. I got 1 xshort size 16 emerger hooks and tied 8 before I realized they are too big, at least for most of the BWO's I see. So I got the same hooks in #18 over the weekend. So 2 #18's a piece and 1 #16. But the 16's have a different dubbing as well. Hopefully some of you guys get BWO's big enough for a #16 and can put them to use. I'm pretty happy with the pattern though. Should be in the mail by Saturday at the latest.

Freebie fly sounds good to me, hopefully im not intoxicated while sorting your flies for everyone, just reading your post I am already confused.

My flies are done and I am mailing today. I don't usually worry much what they look like when I am going to hang them in a tree but was a little nervous sending them out!

How do you add a picture? I tried to add as an attachment and press submit and I get an error about Website not available.

I will finish my flies tonight. Been crazy busy.

This is one of my flies a Hendrickson emerger. For some reason the pic of my Isonycia will not load. Don't have time to fight with it now.
Have to run.

GenCon

Attachments

• hendricksonem.JPG
    hendricksonem.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 3
Nice!

Nice work, as usual GenCon.

Looking forward to seeing your Iso emerger.

picture

Attachments

• BWO.jpg
    BWO.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Many BWO.jpg
    Many BWO.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 5
gencon & rtm...good lookin bugs there!

Thanks, Jack, Ed, Trying ISO one more time.

Got it. Some dummy forgot to resize picture. This is a slight variation of Matt's Isonychia emerger. I add a Dun color cdc throat and dub the head. Not much different just what I like. Pic is not so great.
RTM nice bugs.

GenCon

Attachments

• ISOemerger.JPG
    ISOemerger.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 2
GenCon,

I like that hendrickson emerger - I tie one similar with snow shoe instead of cdc.

Back