Dont forget to buy your 2019 License

Fredrick

Fredrick

Time to buy this years license and contribute a little more with the voluntary permits.

https://www.pa.wildlifelicense.com/start.php

Just bought my Senior lifetime and 10 yr Trout stamp. Haven't missed a year, starting 1970.

I just bought mine last month for 2019.

Mines good till 2027 but thanks for the reminder.

I'm in the last season of my 5-year license -( man, that time went fast.)
And next year, I'll be eligible for the senior license

“Just bought my Senior lifetime and 10 yr Trout stamp. Haven't missed a year, starting 1970.”

Did the exact same thing last weekend. Saved the pdf files in a safe place.

poopdeck wrote:
Mines good till 2027 but thanks for the reminder.

Anytime its what I do

I’m currently in year 2 of a 5 year license that will take me up until I’m eligible for the lifetime senior license. I did purchase the voluntary wild trout and enhanced waters permit and the annual button. I collect buttons and have every year in which a button was issued since my fathers first license in 1937. I also like the fact that you display the annual button in lieu of your paper license.

Also purchased annual freshwater non-resident licenses for MD VA, NY, VT, NH and ME.

I learned that you can go back to your account in the "outdoor store" andreprint your license, (after I printed out 20 copies)

just_jon wrote:
I also like the fact that you display the annual button in lieu of your paper license.

Also purchased annual freshwater non-resident licenses for MD VA, NY, VT, NH and ME.

That’s really cool that you’ve been able to collect all of those buttons and please don’t take my rant the wrong way.....but the reintroduction of those buttons was the most asanine solution to the antiquated policies of the commission. I’ve fished all over the country and many foreign countries and I can’t recall EVER having to display my license on an outer garment. It’s like the just copied the hunting regs without regard to the actual functionality of the policy. For hunting it makes sense, wardens can glass hunters from a distance without the dangers of sneaking up on an armed hunter or ruining the hunters day by making contact with him/her to check the license. This is especially useful in the western states. When’s the last time you saw a fish warden glassing anglers with binoculars? The print on the license is so small that by the time a warden can read the year he’s close enough to ask to see your license.

With the cell phones we have now it would be nice just to purchase every thing by an app.

In all of my life's struggles and concerns, displaying a fishing license on an outer garment was not one of them. In fact it has never crossed my mind that this could be more burdensome then the 5 year supply of flies, tippet material, leaders, forceps, nippers, floatant, drying corks, nets, magnifiers, thermometers, dip nets, staffs and other whatnots the average fly fisherman hangs from his vest. I pretty much attach a license to my hat and forget about it. No burden at all.

I thought that the requirement of displaying the license was going away

I was checked for a license more times in the 5 years I lived in Idaho than in the remaining 48 years in PA. I'm OK displaying it. As pooper said, there are bigger concerns. My understanding of the button was that there was a number of people who wanted to be able to collect something since they did away with the trout stamp. A yellow piece of coated paper wasn't cutting it for the nostalgic types.

laszlo wrote:
I thought that the requirement of displaying the license was going away

The answer is as murky as the high waters we have to endure right now....

I really don't know. But I went on to the PFBC site and read through the regulation summary book (three times) and could not find any written about the requirement of fishing licenses being displayed on an outer garment like in the past.

I can't confirm that the display regulation has been dropped, but below is the summary book. Look through it and see if you can find where it says fishing licenses must be displayed.

http://www.yourfishandboat.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/FINAL-2019-Summary-Book_Web-Version.pdf

Also I went to the FAQ page on the PFBC site and came up with this:

10. Do I need to display my license?

Yes. Most times a clearly displayed fishing license allows a Commission Waterways Conservation Officer to quickly and easily verify that anglers are legally licensed without inconveniencing a fisherman. An optional license button can be displayed in lieu of a paper license (the paper license still must be in your possession).

Anglers should be aware they are required to carry another positive means of identification, a valid driver's license, for example, to establish their identity if requested by a Conservation Officer.

https://www.fishandboat.com/LearningCenter/FAQs/Pages/FishingLicensesRegulations.aspx

Clear as mud.... :roll:

Must be worn on outer garment is printed across the top of the license.

poopdeck wrote:
In all of my life's struggles and concerns, displaying a fishing license on an outer garment was not one of them. In fact it has never crossed my mind that this could be more burdensome then the 5 year supply of flies, tippet material, leaders, forceps, nippers, floatant, drying corks, nets, magnifiers, thermometers, dip nets, staffs and other whatnots the average fly fisher hangs from his vest. I pretty much attach a license to my hat and forget about it. No burden at all.

Glad it’s not a struggle for you. For me, it’s a pain in the ***. Put it on the front side of my pack and inevitably line will wrap around it at the worst time. Put it on the back of my pack where it’s out of the way and I can’t see it and it will find a way to get snagged on some brush and fall off. Hat you say, well I’ll leave my typical comment about guys that run around with a license on there hat to myself and just say that I wear multiple hats when fishing depending on the weather and how I feel that particular day. I’d rather not have to make sure I switch my license from hat to hat.

As far as being checked more often in Idaho, or any other state for that matter, it has nothing to do with your license not being displayed. It’s due to those states not wasting their entire revenue stream on put and take fisheries, this they have more monies to spend on wardens and enforcement. That’s a good thing, I don’t mind at all being checked. Unfortunately though in pa that is a very rare occurrence and it’s not because they are observing my license from afar, but due to lack of wardens.

If you would indulge me I would love to hear your typical comment about those who have a license on their hat.

I actually have them on all of my fishing hats, my lanyard, my waist pack, my tackle bag, in my boat and in the glove box of my car

poopdeck wrote:
If you would indulge me I would love to hear your typical comment about those who have a license on their hat.

I actually have them on all of my fishing hats, my lanyard, my waist pack, my tackle bag, in my boat and in the glove box of my car

I also would love to hear your typical comment about guys who wear their license on their hat. Most of us had a significant person in our lives at a young age that got us into fishing and I won't forget following my dad on the stream with his license hanging on his hat. The first year I had to buy a license it got proudly displayed on my well worn out hat.

Now I'd rather have it tucked away because I've lost mine to mountain laurel several times. If I'm going to be fishing in rugged territory I always put it away so I don't loose it.

poopdeck wrote:
Must be worn on outer garment is printed across the top of the license.

FYI > I bought the voluntary wild trout permit and "This side must be displayed on an outer garment" is printed on it......but there is really no requirement for that to be done.

Like I posted earlier, I cannot find the requirement for a license to be displayed in the 2019 summary book. Can someone find the page and section where that is stated?.....if it is still required.

Back