Delaware Greenhorn

http://www.soaringeaglecampground.com/

20 minutes south of Hancock on the main. As Andy says, there are many more on the EB and Beaver.

jdaddy wrote:
http://www.soaringeaglecampground.com/

20 minutes south of Hancock on the main. As Andy says, there are many more on the EB and Beaver.

Yeah, I saw that one. I think that could be the one. I just didn't feel like having to drive very far at 10:00 at night after fishing. I was hoping there was something on the west branch or the upper main. I'm getting old. I did do the day trip there a couple weeks ago. I left at 6 am and got home at 1 am. That was tough since I went alone.

The Balls Eddy section upstream of the landing will have pods of rising fish if a hatch is on. Rusty spinners are absolutely deadly. Those fish are really powerful too.

Man, I was on the East Branch yesterday and it was a completely different story than the west. It was a tough day, for sure. Hooked into a beauty way upstream at around noon, probably third cast, and it shook me. With a random sulfur in the air and my adrenaline going, I figured me and my buddy were set for the day. We headed downstream to a spot beneath jaws, and the saga began. No bugs in any numbers. The march brown spinner fall must have happened at around ten. At nine fifteen we ditched. I have excuses for days, mainly being sick and drift boats that anchored where I was fishing, but I just had a bad one. Walked a lot of river and couldn't find any consistent risers. It was a real letdown for this time of year.

David, floated Saturday and there weren't many bugs in the air or on the water. The hatching was slow but the fishing was exceptionally good. The diference might have been that it was overcast the entire day. That is one of the more fickle rivers too.Looks like the rain will drop the water temps and add about 1500+ cfs to the river. That's much needed as the temps got to 70 or higher the past 2 days.

Troy, it depends where you fish as to which camp is closer. It will be a drive any way you cut it. I remember day's starting on the Beaverkill, then the Deposit area, upper EB and then back to Roscoe to sleep. I know that I've put over 150 miles on in one day chasing hatches / trying to find the "hot" section of water. Now, I just pick a section and say "f" it. Good or bad, I'll just make it work.

Kray, I think you may be right about the clouds because I had a pretty decent day beneath jaws a month ago when it was overcast.

Anyhow, it was still nice to be out.

Troy wrote:
Does anyone know any campgrounds near the west branch? I know about Al Caucci's, but I heard that was only for seasonal trailers. I'm going up on June 6th and I don't really know where I'm staying yet. I know there are plenty in the Roscoe area, but I want to be as close to the river as I can. Thanks!

There is a campground near equinunk - about 12 miles downstream of hancock - called pleasant valley campground. There is a sign pointing out the way to it along route 191 in equinunk

Back