cold water - warm socks

brianb wrote:
Fredrick wrote:
Use Filson wool socks they are the best and they come in different weights http://www.filson.com/products/heavyweight-merino-wool-otc-socks.64007.html

Holy schnikies (sp) $32 for a pair of sox big baller

You know it but trust me you get what you pay for with these socks I have 3 pairs one in each weight

honestly, if your wearing stockingfoots good luck finding anything to make your feet warm besides toe warmers. I wear polypropeline socks and cabelas "cold weather sock" over them and it still does not help. Waders with a high thinsulate boot are the way to go for winter wading. I myself am to cheap to sacrifice my 50 dollar stocking foots for 500 dollar sims that will leak in half a year.

You can buy antimicrobial liner socks at the big box 'mart stores, 3 pair for about 9 bucks. My feet sweat, and they work well for me under Merino wool socks.

Fredrick wrote:
brianb wrote:
Fredrick wrote:
Use Filson wool socks they are the best and they come in different weights http://www.filson.com/products/heavyweight-merino-wool-otc-socks.64007.html

Holy schnikies (sp) $32 for a pair of sox big baller

You know it but trust me you get what you pay for with these socks I have 3 pairs one in each weight

62% customer recommendation with very poor reviews for a $32 sock? Even dirty hippies know better! LOL.

According to the reviews the reformulated the sock and it apparently sucks now.

I own the old one's chief. Dirty hippies are too burnt out to even know they need to keep their feet warm.

Can't beat the light weight socks by Under Armour. All the warmth of those bulky wool socks but much easier to slide into the boot. My wife bought me some LaCrosse hunting boots and these socks slide right into the boot and taking the boot off is a breeze. Great combo for winter stream side fishing IMHO.

Attachments

• Lacrosse Burly.jpg
    Lacrosse Burly.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 3
  • UA Socks.jpg
    UA Socks.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 2
never seen 100% wool sock, dont even think it exist..
need spandex or they wouldnt hold shape...

for answer to original ?

I fish cold weather..

poly sock, wool sock at least 70%, another wool sock then

1000 gr CABELA SPRING RUN NEOPRENE WADERS

end of story....

wear breathable, feet will be cold...

Yep. Polly prope sock for "wicking", then a good (Wigman) wool sock over them and you should be good to go.

edit: Sorry, that's Wigwam not Wigman.

I picked up a pair of Wigwam "Sock Liners" that are a silky material. They supposedly wick the moisture away from your feet with a 1 way vapor barrier (i.e. sweat wicks out, but can't re-enter) My sister who's a diehard skier up in Vermont swore by them and she was right. I just wear the liners under a pair of smartwool socks (wool & synthetic blend) and I'm good to go. When I take them off my feet are dry as can be, but the outside of the liner and inside of the wool are damp.

Also tried one time to wear the liners under a pair of neoprene socks that I use to wet wade (so I had 2 neoprene layers), but I found the bulkiness made the boots too tight making my feet feel like blocks of ice within an hour.

dress socks if made of poly are great and can be found in discount stores (gabriels,tj max)

i have 76 pairs of them

who really cares how many socks the machine may or may not have.
why am i typing this?

one time, a lonnnnng timne ago, the machine had a idea...

wrap a space blanket around my leg and foot...duck tape here and there.. little snip and trim and my leg was stylin tinman
series 102...

long story in short form

my wrapped leg was toasty warm all day..
my unwrapped leg froze solid..

true story

if a sock was truly 100% wool than the thread would have to be wool..
never heard of wool thread...

visuals for halupka in word form..

dig me

dig me

First off, Grandma makes good 100% wool socks

Second, The post was intended to tell ppl to get as much wool in the sock as possible

Third, What kind of tool talks in the third person

A year ago Xmas my wife bought me cabela's knee to toe wading socks. Used over a thin wicking material sock, the combo was great for the cold streams as well as the Eagles games this year. Kept the whole lower leg warm and they were fine getting into the waders and boots. They are around 65% wool.

brianb wrote:

dig me

Second, The post was intended to tell ppl to get as much wool in the sock as possible

B,

He is a machine not a tool. Dig it?

Edit: I am concerned however with the slipping between first and third person.

wool = good
cotton = bad

I was never a fan of the electric socks, but I have been known to break out the chemical toe warmers on occasion.

jdaddy wrote:
brianb wrote:

dig me

B,

He is a machine not a tool. Dig it?

Edit: I am concerned however with the slipping between first and third person.

Jay warned me you two were lovers

Back