Codours TT Section (Directions & Advice)

jbewley

jbewley

Never fished this creek before, but plan to do so tomorrow. It looks like I take 116 to Porters Rd. I have seen here, that Browns Rd is a good starting point. Are there parking areas or do you park on the side of the road? If there is a better starting point or a better way to get there, please direct me. I will be coming from the Fairfield area, so 15 in very near me.

Jim

Thank you. Nice to be here.

Jim

I would not be lying if said the really big fish are right down town in York.

You might find it to be a quite small and rather crowded in the TT stretch imo.

Unless sharing a pool with anglers and chasing 5" trout is your thing.

My experience on the TT section has been mixed. I have had some luck with terrestrials in mid-summer, scuds are often good there.
this is cold water all year! just below lake Marburg.

I think you can park at Browns road, just across the bridge...upstream from there is deep and lots of silt, tough to wade. so head downstream. there are other parking spots nearby, downstream along RR tracks, good spots near there with some recent improvements made.

While I agree with Jake, good fishing along Codorus in York, not trout water, and not treating me well this year.

Thanks for the help. I parked at Browns Rd and yes, it is very deep above the bridge. I saw fish rising in the calm water up stream, but could not get in a position to cast to them properly. I did not realize how tight it is there. Water temp was around 50 and not another person there. Drove around some, but I'm not sure that is my kind of stream, as I do like to make a regular cast. Otherwise all that practice in the front yard was pointless. :)

Jim

I have been hitting it hard on the TT stretch because its close to home. I agree...crowded, lots of very small fish. Understand that this water may hold a few bigger fish but you will mostly be fishing for 5-8" browns. Find a pull off and explore. I found that most if the water was consistent in fish numbers. I will say that most any generic nymph pattern in 14-16 has worked well for me including tiny pink San juAns.

Thank you. I will keep that advice in mind.

Jim

Back