Cheap yet reliable Steelhead outfit

jdaddy wrote:
I mean it is a little hurt full. Just saying . . . .

Look, I'm thankful for you letting me try your pontoon out and all, but I just don't roll that way.

That, too.

You put a motor on that thing yet, and how well does it propel a man upstream?

Time for another test drive bro. You think you went in circles the first time?!?!?!

I have been using a trolling motor all Summer on local lakes but no streams as of yet. I have to make a modification to improve tracking but otherwise it is pretty awesome.

I've been researching outfits for a buddy of mine to start catching steelhead with. Here's some combo's from Cabela's that are cheap, but will handle those fish. There's a good range of prices, none over $200 for the combo. I like an 8wt to muscle the fish in, but it's a bit too much rod. That's just personal preferance though. Check them out and come catch some steel with all of us in November!

9 foot 8 wt

9 foot 8 wt

9 foot or 9'6" 7 or 8wt

9 foot 7 or 8 wt

Ryan

I bought one of the close out Albright rods for $44.95 the 7/8wgt 2 piece. I love it!! Totally worth $44.95 and it came with a nice rod sock and hardcase.

I spooled it with a SA large arbor reel and some SA Sharkskin 8 wgt line. Sweetness abides! I caught a few nice SMB with it last week. Now I can't wait to go Steelhead fishing.

Totally in love with the Albright Rod!

I just remembered this company. Check out this deal!

http://shop.wildwaterflyfishing.com/Complete-7-8-Fly-Fishing-Starter-Package-0080.htm

i have 2 okuma reels they are nice i have the sierra which was 25$ and i have the slv which ws i think 50 the slv is a nicer mid arbor reel and the sierra is a smaller size i havent caught steel with the slv but the sierra i have and no problems

Back