Cellulite - Artificial Silk Tying Thread

G

gentleshepherd

I won an auction on Hibid last week on a bunch of tying thread, I particularly wanted the pearsalls that I saw in the 3 boxes. I won all 3, good for me, maybe.
They shipped them to me and I did not catch that the shipping was $30! When the box arrived today I understood why, the box weighed like 37 pounds! In it was 27 boxed of this type of thread, Pic will be attached. It is called Cellulite Fly Tying Thread - Artificial Silk - each box had 12 spools of some really nice colors. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.....

Attachments

• 20240618_202354.jpg
    20240618_202354.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 48
You better start your own sweat shop fly tying business or take up sewing….thats a lot of thread! Ebay what you dont need…?

Someone asked me for pics of what I got in my auction purchase that included the Cellulite Fly Tying Thread. They are now attached.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Kms
I don’t know anything about artificial silk, but I would think that it could be used to tie flies, assuming that it is reasonably durable.

I don’t think there is anything magical about Pearsall’s silk either, other than I have and use some myself, but the prices that some of it sells for now is out of this world, as I’m sure you know. Did you get quite a bit of it in the auction you won?

I followed an auction of 3 vintage Winston fiberglass fly rods that were on HiBid last week, and then went to see them in person on Friday, before the live auction of them on Saturday. They were in average used condition so I didn’t bid on them, and they sold for $150-$300 each. I don’t know much about those old Winston fiberglass rods, but I suspect the selling prices of those rods was reasonable, considering their condition.

You can officially start calling yourself the "Thread outlet Guy"

Back