Catalogs....

A guy I know has a hard back Cabelas catalog. It's looks like an encyclopedia. I wonder what you have to purchase to get that sent to you?

bigslackwater wrote:
A guy I know has a hard back Cabelas catalog. It's looks like an encyclopedia. I wonder what you have to purchase to get that sent to you?

I somehow end up with 2 of these every year. I make probably 2 purchases a year from Cabelas. 1 purchase is almost always completely free because I have their credit card and use my points. Its the only way I can afford Simms gear! lol

I still get one from J. Stockard but this time of year it's mostly seed catalogs and garden planning for me.

bigslackwater wrote:
I have one of these monstrosities, it came after I bought a couple of Lone Wolf tree stands from them. Maybe when I'm 90 it'll be worth something! lol

PennypackFlyer wrote:
And to think I thought you used cow pies and methane!!

No, Too much work. But when simply sun dried, they work as fuel in the outside boiler too. Burns better than dead cats!

I still get some catalogs in the mail, but I don't order from Cabelas much anymore, so they stopped sending me the big ones.

bigslackwater wrote:

Don't know, but I've had more than one in the past. They had those neat little fold out tabs, too.

Burned pretty good, too.

I'm guessing it was because I used to have a Cabela's VISA card.

I used to buy most of my clothes from them, but don't anymore.

They make a good backstop for target shooting. If you want to compare penetration of different loads, you can look it up by page number! ;-)

Back