Case for phone/car keys?

I was doing a preseason check of my equipment and found my waterproof accessory cast that, my late wife got me just after I got my first smartphone, because she knew what a klutz I am. She got me SeaToSummit waterproof cases one for my iPhone and one for my camera, yes she was old school, to her a phone was a phone and a camera was a camera.

One is about 5” by 6” and the other is 8” by 6.5”, I don’t know how waterproof they are as I haven’t dropped either in the water since I got them, but they look like they would work. They have been in my goto fishing bag for over a year along with all my other fishing gear as I did not do any fishing in the last year and a half.

keys and phone stay behind....the point is to get away from the phone, no one needs to see another picture of a fish.

keys and phone stay behind....the point is to get away from the phone, no one needs to see another picture of a fish.

Ya know, you can just turn off a phone.

I don't see the point of leaving a phone behind when it can be the single most important piece of safety/emergency/survival equipment you own. Hell, it probably even has a flashlight on it. A cell phone can be the difference between a minor inconvenience and a major, dangerous ordeal.

Yes, some places have bad signal reception, but phones can often be used in some seemingly remote areas.

Back