Carrying Drinking Water

tennjed,

my bottle is the same idea/same thing, just a model that is a couple of years old.

Scott

I guess it's just me, but I have no faith in any type of take-along filter for drinking water. It may (or may not) work on bacteria, but many seemingly pristine streams in PA suffer from all sorts of chemical pollution. Just my opinion.

but many seemingly pristine streams in PA suffer from all sorts of chemical pollution. Just my opinion.

governor says there's no problem with that, no worries! ;-)

I carry a filtration squeeze bottle. it takes up some space but WAY better than carrying water. I've used it a fair bit and it's worked every time.
Syl

I have this one

http://www.sawyerproducts.com/SP135.htm

but I still have not used it. I have had it for 2 yrs and the thought of dirty water at the end of the straw I am uswing gives me the heebegebes

I carry a Camelback bottle or bladder. havent run out yet. Been thinking of picking up a Steripen or Aquamira tabs just in case. When trout fishing we are usually surrounded by clear running water so a filter shouldnt be needed, but a Steripen or Aquamira tabs might be nice to kill the creepy crawlies.

one of the easiest ways to stay hydratee is to drink as much as you can before starting out on your hike. if you hydrate like this before you start out you can last much longer on long day hikes. Might still be good to carry some with you.

StuffMart has 2 liter hydration bladders for ~$10. That's what I use.

Back