Caddis Larva

Caught 4 nice browns on the Badonka Donks today, it is definitely a pattern that seems to be working for me right now.

anybody tandem the larvae with anything or do you just fish it solo?

I almost always tandem it.

Triple threat

tandem with what, or is it a secret?

All depends what I believe they are eating. Today I threw the Badonkadonk at the top then a Brown and yellow weaved polish weighted nymph then I change my 3rd fly around between an APA worm, PT, Hares Ear, nother kind of caddis larva, BWO nymph.

No secrets. That's the point. Any reasonably popular PA nymph pattern will work fine for general purpose use.

I generally never fish less than two flies when nymphing. Just mix and match generic caddis, PTs, junk flies, hares ears, walt's worms, scuds, etc. Everything works at one time or another.

If I'm fishing a specific hatch, I'll use the appropriate nymph, but often a PT or hares ear does just as well.

LRSABecker wrote:
All depends what I believe they are eating. Today I threw the Badonkadonk at the top then a Brown and yellow weaved polish weighted nymph then I change my 3rd fly around between an APA worm, PT, Hares Ear, nother kind of caddis larva, BWO nymph.

What the heck is an APA worm? Anything to do with this ? :lol:

Just an edjimicated guess, but I think you're referring to the "IPW" (Fred Bridges' Infamous Pink Worm).

Heritage-Angler wrote:
LRSABecker wrote:

What the heck is an APA worm? Anything to do with this ? :lol:

Just an edjimicated guess, but I think you're referring to the "IPW" (Fred Bridges' Infamous Pink Worm).

Leave me alone, my Brain is still frozen from fishing today.

Heritage-Angler wrote:

Appears to be SJW. Dubbed citellum appears to be sole change. Don't confuse me with additional acronyms.

Thought it was time to bring this back around LMAO

Just don't.

Several of you are making the rest of us look bad.

Back