Cabin Fever Show 2011 (Pittsburgh area)

Don't really know of an independent diner type restaurants right in cranberry.
However, a little further north by Zelienople, there's a neat place called the Harmony Inn. It's a historic old building that's supposed to be haunted. I take the wife there when we're in the area.
We never saw any ghosts, but the food is good, and it has great atmosphere

I have eaten there...it was good. Don't think we'll venture much farther north as home is SE...

thanks, good pick...just the kind of place I was thinking of.

Tom,
Hartner's restaurant is just north - pass 228 and it'll be on your right hand side.
Haven't been there for a couple years, but it was always a real nice place to take the wife. Sounds like it might fit the bill for what you are looking for.

Ha ha. Harmony inn is my hang out bar.
I think hartners is gone

Ha ha. Harmony inn is my hang out bar.
I think hartners is gone

just got home from the show (after stopping at the inn for a beer!)
picked up a couple half price cortland lines, some boxes of gudebrod rod wrapping thread, some cork handles, and some half price patagonia longjohns.
seemed to be lots of people, didn't see anyone I knew, but hard to look for folks when looking for bargains!
all in all, glad I went, got some deals, attended Dave Sewaks marcellus talk, and fondled some nice gear. (those willow reels are SWEET!!!)

I saw the end of that talk...we must have been in the same room at least. Saw some people I haven;t seen in a while. A few nice surprises in that respect. I have apparently turned a corner as I found the experience rather boring and am confident there are no new innovations in fly fishing that were demonstrated today that I cannot live without. I don't mind donating a few bucks to a TU so I can kill an hour or so on a snowy day in March. So I'm glad I went but will most likely skip the next one. If I would remember to go through my stuff before I go to these things I would at least know what bargains to take advantage of...

Hartners is apparently gone as some have suggested. Ended up at the Brighton Hot Dog shop. Probably my best decision of the day. Cheddar and kraut and chili and cheese dogs and fries...mmm-mmm.

Cabin Fever 2011
Four Points Sheraton Hotel
Penn’s West Trout Unlimited Event

I got there late and I can’t stay for a long ,
At the event was able to notice a few familiar faces.

One of them is John Hayes Sr. with his astounding bass/steelhead/salmon flies donated to the TU.
Fever runs high!

Attachments

• Cabin_Fever_on_the_floor.jpg
    Cabin_Fever_on_the_floor.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 4
  • reels.jpg
    reels.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 4
  • Representative_of_PA_FishandBoat_.jpg
    Representative_of_PA_FishandBoat_.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 4
  • John Hayes Sr.jpg
    John Hayes Sr.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 6
  • John's flies.jpg
    John's flies.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Bamboo_rods.jpg
    Bamboo_rods.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 4
I was there around 1:30 to 2:30. Didn't see anyone I recognized. I was able to catch a few bargains. Ryan had to bail at the last minute so I dragged my wife and son along. He got to be the youngest fly tier in the family tyes room. It was a good time. I look forward to next year.

Ryan had to bail last minute to do something far more important.... puke my guts out in the comfort of my own home lol. Stupid flu bug has hit me 3 times in the last 6 months. Was looking forward to the show, but I'll just have to wait till next year.

That doesn't sound good...have you been to a doctor to make sure it is just the flu? Had a buddy kept griping about the flu one night . Some doctor sitting behind us chimes in that because of the resistance you build up after getting the flu the first time, its nearly impossible to get it as often as he was saying. He went to the doctor and was diagnosed with an ulcer.

Sounds like it was a good show. I did not make it. I was fighting off a cold that I could not get rid off. I then picked up a bad cough and that did not help either. Maybe next time

Back