bye bye trout

sight...

if you think that's bad, I was fishing the SR this year with a few buddies. We were all hooking up with steelies every ten minutes and I managed to land two in two days. They were landing dozens a day... talk about feeling like the low man. I'm thinking maybe it was the hooks I was using...

I think the SR is what F'd my 2010!! Landed all fish hooked there while the others were losing fish. That's like getting to the river a first light to fish ALL DAY. You take a 4" fish on the first cast and never touch another before the sun goes down. If I catch on the first cast, I consider going back home. It's usually a bad omen.

Seriously, I've "fooled" a super high percentage of fish that I've fished to this year. If it rose, I was almost guaranteed a take. That's where the fun stopped.

My 2010 trips have gone as follows:
Wade into position
Cast
"Finally" is yelled when fish takes on 6th cast
"F bomb" is yelled after the fish comes off 15 seconds later

Perfect example is my last time out on EB of Delaware w/ my buddy Josh. I spotted fish, stalked from the bank and the fish would stop rising as I got 30 yds away. I never even set foot in the water or made a cast to him. While sitting on the bank, I watch Josh take 10-12 fish. I walk down by him and he tells me to get in slowly, they're going nuts. I wade out next to him, pull line off the reel and the fish stop completely. I reel in my line, and they begin feeding. Josh takes 2 more. I pull line off of my reel and wait 15 minutes to see a rise... nothing. Reel in, Josh takes 3 more fish. I went to different section of river to spook fish by simply standing on the bank.

Back