Bluefish Flies

Man the thought of having one of those blues in VC"s pics on a fly rod is very appealing. Have you folks ever had a salt water get together?

Me and Fishidiot are meeting up at IBSP on Fri all are welcome . It be nice to take over the beach and kick the spin guys out :-D

I am insanely jealous of you guys.

Looks like some rainy weather at the shore next couple days. Hopefully the wind will stay low. We'll post a report.

osprey wrote:
Man the thought of having one of those blues in VC"s pics on a fly rod is very appealing. Have you folks ever had a salt water get together?

Month or so back there was a thread with lots of people expressing interest in having a meet, but nothing really came beyond that.

I'm definatly up for this, but its starting to get mighty cold out there...

I still go down when I can, usally every fall, except this year. stop and talk to bob hes a great guy, more than willing to help you. love the jetty when the bait is stacked up in the pocket.

gfen right after the gate is a sand road called 2 bit rd. you can access there, then at the maintinance shack to fish behind the goveners house. some really good fishing there. next place would be the bathing beaches then each area 7-23, then the walk to the end. lots of walk in places..

ospray
I still use fiber glass rods on small streams.5'2" and a 6' fenwick..

In the last couple of years I have been trying to learn how to fish the saltwater down at IBSP and Seaside Heights. I have fished the beaches, jetties and the back bay with my kayak. I found it very difficult to fly fish most times when there are not actively feeding fish to cast over.

I have tried to be down there at dusk and dawn and hit the tides just right, but that does not guarantee there will be fish around. I managed to hit a school of feeding snapper blues one time in the back bay and landed 5 fish, but other than that I have not had much luck.

If any of you guys make another trip down to that area I would love to tag along. I know I have a lot to learn about the salt.

Rob

got to put in the time on the beach, along with tides, currents, there is wind, bait, barometer, moon, etc. one day you hit it just right, and wham 20lb. blues and stripers on the fly. most times i chuck bait and sit and wait for the fish. I plug fish to with home made lures.. Big thing is you have to learn the holes and bars, and breaks in the sand bars.

Back