Best fly fishing locations

Know 3 guys that have fished the white. All 3 said "never again".

I'll offer up my 2¢...
For beauty and quality trout, New Zealand would be hard to beat.

In Montana, you can fish a spring creek, a freestone and a tailwater back to back to back. Good hatches, good numbers of quality fish.

Pacific NW if you're into swingy dingy chrome dome action.

The keys offers a variety of saltwater angling.

Big brookies would have to be Labrador hands down.

What's disturbing is that nobody has mentioned Penns... yet
Thanks for spot burning Penns

Every time somebody comes back from a big destination fishing trip and posts photos my first thoughts are usually “damn, I’ve caught better fish than that in NE and central PA”

There’s lots of places with big trout and beautiful water, if you’re burned out on local offerings then by all means check them out- but for my money I’d rather take 10 trips to bald eagle state forest or the Catskills this year than 1 week to Patagonia for the actual fishing (I’d go to Patagonia for climbing though!)

I have seen Browns in PA and New York that rival any destination in the world.

There are probably more than 100 brown trout over 24" swimming around in PA as I type this
I personally have little doubt that what you have written is true. I suspect that one particular system could potentially top that figure at times.

I personally have little doubt that what you have written is true. I suspect that one particular system could potentially top that figure at times.
There are several

There are several
I was being conservative based on personal knowledge and wasn’t including lakes or their tribs, but if others know of more that possibly or probably crest 100, that’s even better and a better reflection on Pa as well.

Back