Best Bass Fishing Approaching

It may be kayak style. I have a whitewater style kayak. I basically pile the line on the kayak floor, it's like sitting in a stripping basket.

I have a wilderness systems commander 140 and love it . I fly fish out of it all the time . I mainly use it for lakes but in a river I always wedge my self on a rock of use my anchor when fishing a specific area of water or I use it as a mode of transportation to get where I want to wade fish . The best fly fishing kayaks are the ones you can stand and fish in .

I got a native slayer 14.5 a few months ago. Love it. Very stable, easy to stand in, nothing for my line to get snagged on inside the boat. Will have it out on wallenpaupack tomorrow.

Several years ago I bought an Ascent (Basspro house brand made by Tracker boats) sit on top. The exact model is an FS12 I believe. I am very satisfied with the kayak and can load a ton of gear on it for multiple day fishing trips down river. I'll have to try flyfishing out of it again.

I bought their first rendition of this model and they have since made some improvements.

I have two sit-in angling kayaks. One is an Old Town Predator that used years ago. Anchor, rod holder. I would use the yak to navigate to locations on streams, park it, get out and then fish.

Lakes are easy...until you get a big fish pulling you around.

The other is similar, a BassPro Ascend FS10.

I have not used either of them for several years. If anybody wants one or both, I'm game.

Night_Stalker wrote:
I have two sit-in angling kayaks. One is an Old Town Predator that used years ago. Anchor, rod holder. I would use the yak to navigate to locations on streams, park it, get out and then fish.

Lakes are easy...until you get a big fish pulling you around.

The other is similar, a BassPro Ascend FS10.

I have not used either of them for several years. If anybody wants one or both, I'm game.

I've used the FS10...my buddy has two of them. My FS12 is basically its slightly bigger SOT brother. Pretty decent kayaks for a good price I do believe.

Fishing machine
Old Town Sportsman. I'm not sure if they make these anymore but if you can find one, jump on it. I can stand and fish in this boat all day and I am by no means a stable person. Best $200 I ever spent.

Lwty4Nm.png

I have a sit in but one thing I do that works well for me is I pull myself up out of the seat and sit on the deck just behind the ****pit, sometimes with my feet hanging out the sides in the water. It's a little less stable but not so much as standing. You're seat then essentially works as a stripping basket and you are slightly higher up than sitting in the boat. It takes a little getting used to for sure.

Back