BAUER M2

OlyphantLacky

OlyphantLacky

Hello all.i just picked up a BAUER M2 reel i bought off ebay used,but its set up for a lefty and im a righty does anyone know how to change it to a righty,or do i gotta buy a new spool.i just cant Figure it out .any help please.Thanks :-x

I would take the question to Bauer. Here's a link to their "contact us" page:
http://www.bauerflyreel.com/contact.html

I'm sure they will be able to answer the question or even send you a copy of the owner's manual.

You might now this or not. In most cases when you take a flyreel apart there will be a post on the housing that goes into a hole on the arbor.(The part that holds the line) Inside that hole is usually a cylinder/sleeve with bearings in the middle of it you should be able to make out. What needs to be done is as GENTLY as possible pry the cylinder/sleeve out (small screwdriver perhaps with a peice of cloth over the end) and simply turn it around and put it back in. NOT ALL reels are like this but easily most are. Forgive me if you know this already.

Just call up Bauer. Most likely your call will be answered by a Bauer and they will set you straight. If you have the time, send in the reel for a tune-up...they will lube and most likely upgrade some of the guts. Their customer service is first class.

Thanks for the help,i called BAUER and they walked me through it!! great service

Back