Barnegat light LBI Intel

rancid waders

rancid waders

I may have some time off grandpa duty to head to Barnegat area in the next few weeks for some striper activity. If someone with local knowledge could point in the right direction, I will be wading.

Here is a report from Grumpys in Seaside Park HTH >

The fishing remains good off the surf for striped bass, but the pieces are in place for it to be downright epic if conditions allow. There are big striped bass still in the area, and they are feeding on bunker. Most of the time they remain just offshore outside of the reach of surfcasters. However, during the dark, they come in range. So if you want to catch the fish of a lifetime, fish in the dark. Bunker chunks for those fishing bait, while those fishing lures are doing well with swim shads, metal lipped swimmers, SP minnows and mag darters.

There are also peanut bunker and rainfish in the area, so the potential for the fishing to blow up big time is here. All we need now are sand eels…

There are some nice blackfish being caught off the jetties for the shore bound angler and on the nearshore wreck from boats. Jigs and rigs are working with green crabs.

I suggest you stop in at Betty & Nicks and/or Grumpys for the latest intel. Good luck.

Back