Assateauge Island

hunter1

hunter1

Hi, All. I'm heading down to Chincoteauge next month, I surf fish Assateauge Island Va a lot ,but never fly fished Assateauge before. I never see any one with a fly rod. But at Capt steve's they had a picture of a lady holding a Fly caught Stripper . So has any one had experience fly fishing assateauge.I want to give it a good try this year. Thank's. :-D

hunter1 wrote:
they had a picture of a lady holding a Fly caught Stripper .

Ladies and fly caught strippers? Hey, this is a family friendly website...:cool:

Kidding aside -"strippers" is a common mis-spelling around here and happens all the time - often good for some laughs.

Assateague can be fly fished but summertime is not the best time. Nevertheless, there are some small stripers around and lots of little bluefish. Your best bet would be to hit the beach early in the morning before the summer crowds show up. Use a small green over white Clouser Minnow. Don't forget that you can FF while using conventional gear if your spin rod is staked in a sand stake. If you can rent a kayak and get into some of the back bays you might find something interesting too.

Thank's Dave, I was in such a hurry typing ,I didn't even see the spelling. But that is funny. Yeah, I'll bring both type's of gear. There has to be something in Tom's cove . Tight lines.

Back