Anyone who knows what little critter this is, and where to get them would be most appreciated

A

albinoslugprod

Hi! Okay I'm new here, and I went to a camping trip over the weekend, and there was a fly fishing dude there. He showed us how he made the leech fly, and also talked about different kinda of little bugs. There was one bug in particular that when it is young, it makes a small shell out of tiny rocks. And when it dies, or leaves, it leaves the shell behind. If anything like this seems familiar to you guys, would you tell me this creature is called? I think there is a "C" in there somewhere, but I can't remember. And where could I get them? Maybe the local pond? Or do I have to get them at a store or something?

Thanks so much in advance!!

If you aren't a put-on, you were told about the category of trout stream aquatic bugs known as "caddis flies." You can fish them live by using a maggot or can tie them with various materials for various purposes, including the version of the caddis that can fly.

interesting !

maybe you should change the name of this website to pabaitfish.com

You can harvest caddis larvae from the streambed. I know of a few fishermen that collect them and use them for bait.

As always, check the regulations before you harvest fish or fishbait.

Back