Anybody Fished White Clay this summer?

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

I am heading there tomorrow as I have a business appointment in Newark De at 1:30PM. Last report I saw was Van Clever in June.

It's probably way to warm for trout at this point, just my opinion.

After I concluded my business in Newark DE it was too late to fish White Clay. But I did drive to the bridge on London Tract Road to get a look see. There were very large trout on both sides of the bridge which amazed me. Not suckers unless suckers come out of the water. Duh. Plus suckers don't dart and wiggle like trout. I took the water temp from the bridge with my infra red and it was 73 degrees. To say the least i was more than surprised. But given that Van Cleaver's June report was the last mention of WC maybe its a case of lack of pressure.

PS Looks like Stocktoberfest to me!

But then again we could have the ultimate spot burn Stocktoberfest on Valley!!!!!!

Wise ***. PS I did catch a "Bow" in Valley this year. Go figure.

fade, my De buddy fished it (White Clay) a few times after my last report and caught trout every time. I don't think he's been there for a least a few weeks though. On the plus side, there were plenty of trout, but that was before our August weather in July... Considering how much rain we've been getting and the fact that we're now getting late Sept. weather, conditions are pretty favorable for some hold overs IMO. I'd give it a try on a cool AM if I wasn't so busy. (playing a gig at Fells Point MD tomorrow). I saw a couple nice smallmouths and my fried caught a nice one too. There are always a nice assortment of colorful sunfish to go with.

Back