Another New Guy

F

fordman

I hope this is the appropriate forum to stop in and say Hello!!
I heard about PAFF on another PA outdoor forum and after lurking for awhile,decided it was time to join.
I've read through many of the threads here and I'm impressed with the knowledge and advice you folks share.
A little about myself;I was born and raised here in southern Franklin County.I live on the East Branch of the Conococheague,a few miles south of the Falling Spring.Sad to say,Ive always been a spin fisherman but with so much great flyfishing in the area,it's time to learn something new!!
I've dabbled in FFing a bit for a few years with a $35 box store fly rod(dabbled = beating the water into foam)(box store rod=broomstick) with little success.
I'm looking forward to upgrading my gear this year and learning alot from PAFF.This is a great site,thanks for having me!!

Ford,
Welcome to PAFF - glad you like what you see here. The Beginner's Forum is just where you can come to ask basic, questions. We've got a good crew here and we'll help yuh out. I live over the mountain in Adams Co and have long been a fan of Falling Springs and the "jig." One thing to consider if you didn't already know - Falling S has an artificial lures section in town. It gets some stocked fish later this month and you can practice on them with your fly gear and, if you feel like it, you can always break out the spin gear too (in this section). As your confidence grows, you can head upstream to the fly fishing only area where all the trout are wild. In the spring when the regular trout season opens is a great time to try fly fishing the jig.

Welcome fordman.Are you a Mustang guy? GG

Thanks for the welcome Fish and GG!!
Fish,I know about the artificial section on the FS,just never fished it.I have nothing against those that do,but plunking a spinner anywhere in the FS just seems weird to me.After growing up here and knowing what a unique stream it is,I can't bring myself to hit it with spinning tackle.Just my weird opinion I guess.I mostly fish the Jig,quite a few holdovers make their way down to my area,most of which see little pressure...kinda makes me feel like I'm fishing "wild" fish.

GG,my thing has always been old Ford pick-ups,late 60's to mid-70's.I don't have any at this time,but always enjoyed picking 1 from someones back yard-get it running,fix it up and move on to another.My son is currently working on an '86 F-150 and it's looking good!!!
Thanks again for the welcome!!

Welcome Ford !!

Welcome to the board!

Boyer

Welcome -

It is like a New Guy Hatch around here lately. Good Stuff.

Welcome aboard! Any questions just ask away. Somebody on here should be able to steer you in the right direction.

Welcome to the forum fordman. There's plenty of knowledgeable folks here.

I am also new to the forum and fly fishing. I am eager to learn a lot and get in the water.
Just wanted to introduce myself.

newest guy.. take a look in the announcements thread, there's a learnin' session to be done NEXT weekend in the lehigh valley.

Thanks. I will check that out.

Back