Allen Xa Fly Rod First Look

thebassman

thebassman

I just received my Allen Xa Fly Rod in the mail and thought I would post a few pics of it up so some of you can get a better look at what it looks like and some features that it has on it. I have not fished with it yet because well....I just got it in the mail. I have not even had a chance to cast it so only time will tell how I will like it or not.

Like I said....I am not saying that this is a great rod.....only time will tell. This was just meant to give some of you a closer look on the rod. Sometimes it is hard to tell what something look likes with stock photos.....so I put this together to give some a better idea of what it is.

Steven

IMG_8997.jpg

IMG_9005.jpg

IMG_9008.jpg

IMG_9009.jpg

IMG_9011.jpg

IMG_9013.jpg

IMG_9016.jpg

IMG_9018.jpg

Steve,
Great pics, i love the look of the newer handles with the composite sections also feel god on the ol digits, however no bad feelings , i am not a fan of reels that go flash in the light.Shiny silver or gold reels....tsk tsk tsk tsk.
Aside from that i want pics of you an them fish Steve.Congrats
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

Looks sweet. Is that the new Alpha reel too?

thebassman wrote:
Sometimes it is hard to tell what something look likes with stock photos....

Look, we met like what, a couple dozen times now, so I feel pretty confident being the best friend you never knew you had tellling you this: No one wants to see your beard, dude. Either go full bore free candy van, or convince your lady to pose with it instead. I'm not saying that cheese cake photos of her with the rod are essential, mind you...Well, wait, am I?

Hmm...

Anyways, in other news, are those single foot guides? Travesty.

That is a shaved face... I looked like Zach Galifinakis just hours before. Next time I will rock the creeper stach just for you.

not cheesecake? pfft.

Looks sweet. Is that the new Alpha reel too?

Nope....It is not their new Alpha 2....I believe that only comes in 7/8wt 9/10wt

This reel is their Alpha 3/4wt reel

I took my Xa out for the first time yesterday and it performed nicely!

img_0458.jpg

I've read reports about these rods being very heavy and not loading lines very well. Anxious to hear anything regarding this.

NCP... I would agree when we first came out with this series the first time when we used a batson blank. We use our own blank now after close to a year of developing it. The rod is much lighter.

Thank you

Justin

Back