2nd Annual Fish N Chips Roll Call - Sat, July 27th

paparise wrote:
I have two large bags of ice in my freezer that I'd like to get rid of. I can trade up deserts for ice if you want but that assumes there will coolers to put the ice in.

I'll let the soda and water guys answer that question.

Les, time will be pretty much dawn until 4PM. There is no real set agenda. They'll be fishing early while the tricos are hitting and then a break for lunch followed by more fishing. The experienced people will be lending support to the newbies especially early on. As far as what to bring, we're getting tough on items, so take a look at the list and see if you can think of something you'd like to bring.

'Squatch, Dog and H-A will keep this going until 4. If it is anything like last year, there will be plenty to eat (maybe not hot stuff) at 1 and then I would guess nymphing would bring the best shot at fish. I think there is a group going to dinner at 4. I have business travel early Sunday so I won't be able to stay much past noon.

Looks like I'm in trouble now. :cool:

In all fairness to da Fox, his soaking was due to yet another epic faceplant - all in the name of field testing his new waders. They worked much better when not submerged upside down.

Andy - you'll find plenty of food left if you get there at 1:30. The tricos will be long gone, but ants and beetles fished tight to the bank areas with overhanging vegetation will produce. Scuds and cressbugs also work great anytime as well.

Just a guess, but there'll likely be some instruction going on as long as people want it. We'll work Old Lefty until everyone gets some personalized casting instruction, and there'll be knot instruction, leader building instruction, and a session on how to fight and land fish. Any other topics will also be addressed by request.

There should be plenty of opportunities for newbies to get some on-stream time with an experienced fisherman helping them.

paparise wrote:
I have two large bags of ice in my freezer that I'd like to get rid of. I can trade up deserts for ice if you want but that assumes there will coolers to put the ice in.

I got cooler and soda if u wanna donate ice! Lemme know.

Lestrout may be coming?!?! Epic...

5AM-ish right?

I'll leave NEPA around 5 or 5:30

Gets fishable visibility around 530. I'm hoping to be there setting up coffee at 515.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Looks like I'm in trouble now. :cool:

In all fairness to da Fox, his soaking was due to yet another epic faceplant - all in the name of field testing his new waders. They worked much better when not submerged upside down.

To be completely honest it wasn't a faceplant either. It was me trying to get to a fishable spot where the knucklehead fishing from the wall on the other bank wasn't fishing and I just went a little too deep!

And I do know DD wasn't there that day, so hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder who gave him that picture! :roll:

Here's one of George going potty before putting on his waders. :-D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 3
delta_dog wrote:
Here's one of George going potty before putting on his waders. :-D

LMAO! Now that's funny,

Let's get back on track here.

Updated - Below is the "final" list if you will and I say the best idea for everyone is to bring enough to feed 8 to 10 people. With all the different foods we will have I do not see anyone going hungry or thirsty at breakfast or lunch. I believe I have everyone down for what they agreed to bring. Paparise is now bringing ice for the water and soda. So Larry and Les if you could bring some sort of dessert food I think we will have everything coverd. As Dog mentioned, please bring some empty containers so that we can take food home and not waste it. Thanks.

Ateendees:
Foxgap239 - Coffee, fixin's and table clothes
Heritage-Angler - Donuts
Volksnurse - Soda
Delta-Dog - Home made Baked Beans
djs12345 - Grill, Brats and Sausages
SBecker - Chips, Pretzels and Doritos
paparise - bags of ice
CathyG - Paper goods and a surprise dish
Stagger Lee - Condiments
PASKIINGSUCKS - Cucumber salad and fruit
SNJChef - Grill Meat and grape Juice
OldLefty - Burgers
WildTigerTrout - Hot Dogs
Glenn - Burgers
martin0206 - Chocolate Chip cookies and his better half
troutwilleatflies - Hoagies
Larry - some type of dessert??
lestrout - some type of dessert??
Eric-A - Potato or Macaroni Salad
J55tyger88 - Water

Fox

I ain't interested in the food (I'm crankin' back on this diet lately! Gotta lose this last 40lbs!), but I wouldn't mind an afternoon/evening of fishing. Let me know if anyone is up for spending the afternoon/evening fishing...any brookie streams in the area!?

fox, letting you know that Glenn won't be coming since he has a chili cook-off that day.

Updated - Thanks.

Ateendees:
Heritage-Angler - Donuts
Volksnurse - Soda
paparise - bags of ice
Stagger Lee - Condiments
OldLefty - Burgers
Larry - some type of dessert??
J55tyger88 - Water

Fox

OldLefty wrote:
fox, letting you know that Glenn won't be coming since he has a chili cook-off that day.

Thanks, I edited the list

unfortunetly just been informed I have to cover Sat morning shift till 1230. I'd love to be there. I'll swing by at 115 to say hello to anyone left. If all that food is eaten, you'll all be napping.
Larry

Sorry to hear I'll miss you.

Updated - Thanks.

Ateendees:
Heritage-Angler - Donuts
Volksnurse - Soda
paparise - bags of ice
Stagger Lee - Condiments
OldLefty - Burgers
J55tyger88 - Water

Fox

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Weather and water seem to be almost perfect. Food and company will be outstanding. Let's hope the bugs and fish cooperate.

It's still not too late to join us just let us know.

Fox

fox been watching this but cant go. had plans to show up with brook trout tartare :) nice of you to organize things!

Truck's gassed up and loaded with everything except the cooler of meat. A stop for a road trip coffee and another one to get rid of it and I'll see you at the LL in the AM.

Just a quick reminder that there will be coffee and donuts for breakfast tomorrow. It will be a "Box of Joe" Dunkin Donuts coffee. So don't stop to buy any unless you need one to drive in. We'll spend the first hour and a half helping the newbies hook-up on Tricos and then head back to the shop to set things up which will probably be around 7.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again. I don't think we could have asked for a better forecast. Who scheduled this date? :-D

Back