2nd Annual Fish N Chips Event

Spent yesterday evening upstream and arnd the kiddie pool area ...there was a huge pod of bows and seemed to me those fish don't spook much (stockies). At one point I was right behind them and while they were chasing flies/bugs ... they would turn arnd, see me and it had no affect.

I would like to thank Ed and George for another fine event. I had a great time even though the trout did not like my Trico pattern. My size 16 beadhead inchworm,caddis larvae aka green weenie seemed to work well. LOL The food was first rate as was the company. I look forward to more get-togethers in the future. See you all on the stream.

Code:
My size 16 beadhead inchworm,caddis larvae aka green weenie seemed to work well.

That green weenie variation was amazingly effective. I ordered some of that braid to tie some myself.

WildTigerTrout wrote:
I would like to thank Ed and George for another fine event. I had a great time even though the trout did not like my Trico pattern. My size 16 beadhead inchworm,caddis larvae aka green weenie seemed to work well. LOL The food was first rate as was the company. I look forward to more get-togethers in the future. See you all on the stream.

Seeing that I could n't get any interest from the trouts in my offerings what is the formula for that green weenie ? Cathy indicates she had some luck with it also.

Other than the fact that I did n't play with a single fish I still had a great time mingling with everyone there,great bunch of people and looking forward to doing it again next year.

George, Ed and Dan thanks for putting this together. Had a great time.The food was great and it was nice to meet some new people/put a face to the screename. Meeting OldLefty, the heart soul and brain of this game, was priceless and I now have some work to do.
I also resorted to the GW as my weight fly after losing some fancier flies and it did well

Thanks for organizing this event, was glad i could make it briefly. It was great to meet many of you guys. Learned a lot - Thanks TWEF, les, and especially H-A for generous response to newbie interrogation.

Those are some fancy wading boots Shane. They look like the ones soccer players wear.

GW? Ugh. Never have and never will.

Just one more .... had a great day and thank you. Caught a few, learned something new (from Fox) had some good food and talked to more nice people.
Great morning.
Buffalo

Had a lot of fun and didn't get outfished by my girlfriend so that's a plus. Thanks to Ed and George for putting it together and to Old Lefty for the awesome casting lesson.

Before this thread fades away to obscurity, I'd just like to give credit where credit is due.

Foxgap239 did 99.9% of the setup work for this event - Delta Dog and I just backed him up.

Fox did an exceptional job of organizing this, and stayed on top of it the whole way. He put the interests of the attendees above his own - he only fished for a very brief time in the early morning, then put his gear away to make sure the attendees were cared for as they arrived.

Nice job, Fox!

Thanks so much for a great day of fishin', fellowship and food. Fox did an outstanding job with help from HA and Dd. Fox wasn't the only one to get out of the fishin' garb and into work mode. I was just ready to head to the water when I noticed that HA had put away the waders. When I asked him why he wasn't fishing he responded "that's not why I'm here, I have other duties toady."

Kudos to all who participated in making the event a success!

I really, really enjoyed it.

First time for me to meet you all, Thanks for having me.

This pretty much summed up George's fishing on Saturday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 5
Now that's funny. :lol:

delta_dog wrote:
This pretty much summed up George's fishing on Saturday.

Rumor has it da Fox stopped at your house on the way home. :lol:

Attachments

• fox's revenge.jpg
    fox's revenge.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 4
Lol.........that pic kills every time I see it. We need to find a pic of a fox in a pair of tightly whiteys. :lol:

Lol @ the pics ... how many more weeks of Tricos do u guys suppose. I would love to give it another shot one AM if I can pull it off.

///Every Sat should be like last Sat ... that was just a really fun day and really appreciate all that put it together and came out.

Back