2019 Fly Fishing Goals and Resolutions

Fish local streams more often.

More warm water fishing.

Try for a wild tiger- I know of 2 wild tigers caught in local waters.

Try to improve long distance casts with weighted flies.

Volunteer on stream project for a day or two.

Been on DL for many months with torn quadriceps tendon. It will be nice to land a fish.

I'd really like to be able to fish the Delaware - for the first time in 3 years

Mission accomplished, was finally able to connect on several trout in December. Looking forward to doing more dry fly fishing in 2019 plus fishing some different streams.

Attachments

• 20181217_124152.jpg
    20181217_124152.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1
dryflyguy wrote:
I'd really like to be able to fish the Delaware - for the first time in 3 years

I'd very much like to get there.

To make it thru my 69th year and to fly-fish and turkey hunt as often as possible.

Fish more streams, and stretches of streams, that I never fished before.

It's all about the exploration.

This trout on a dry fly every month thing is on my brain. 2012 was a warm winter. I feel like it would've been possible. Maybe this'll be the year.

Pondering species,

Steelhead
Pike
Smallie
Large mouth
Brook, Brahn, Bow
Snook
Bonefish
Permit
Tarpon

I would be quite sated if I could cross off all of these.

my goal is to find time to fish at least for a couple of hours every week(end) and hopefully get my sons off the sofa and ipad once in a while to join me...

My goal is to get Turkey a cutty... I failed in 2018.

I’m no longer the fearless wader I once was, so one goal is to learn two handed Spey for trout. It would be great to fish the entire wide of streams like Pine and Penns from from the relative safety closet to shore. Agree the Meisner rod is among the nicest examples I’ve seen.

My other 2019 goal is to fish western Montana and eastern Idaho again. Catching cutties on dries just mashes my pleasure button. After waiting two years for my buddies to retire, Ive one to learn they are either too cheap or too whipped to make the trip and I’m not getting any younger. No longer constrained by their schedules, I’m planning on spending a minimum of 30 days on the road.

My goals for this year hmmmm

1) 10 lb snakehead on the fly
2) Pike on the fly
3) Gar on the fly
4) Albie on the fly
5) More coldwater fishing from the yak time for a dry suit

Land a 30" or larger fish on the fly. Have caught several 25" fish of various species but 30+ still eluding me.

My goals are to fish more than 5 days this year.... and not get a flat tire driving to Penns.

Back