2016 PAFF Eastern fly tying jamboree Feb. 6

I don't think I will be able to tie, as I literally lost my vice while traveling. Have no idea where it is.

I have a bunch of materials I would like to donate that were given to me by a widow. I promised I would pass on whatever I did not want to a child. So, if there are any kids coming let me know so I can throw some stuff together.

There is a slight chance I don't make it at all as I might actually have to head to Penns Valley to help a buddy work on his cabin. Will let everybody know asap. If I can't make it I might be able to meet up with someone to give the materials.

Shane, thats a bummer about your vice. I hope it all works out. And thanks for the donations.

GenCon

Hi there. I plan on attending on Saturday. Been a long time lurker, but have met some of u before at some of the events, including last years tying jam.
I will practice on a Picket Pin, and nervously demonstrate the pattern. I also have some items that could be raffled off or given to those in need, including my original vise.
Looking forward to getting off the couch, and glad to finally have opened up and revealed myself on the board.

GenCon wrote:
Updated List of tyers.

Tyger, Streamer of unknown pattern.
GenCon Tarpon fly of my own design.
DC410 Sparrow nymph. It will be great to see you John.
Mooney4 Quill body emerger.
Sbecker Nymph of some sort.
Golden_Boy A friend of mine. Golden boy nymph.
pmelle A wet fly pattern TBD
troutpoop Caddis fly
Ken Mead A commercial tyer. Comparadun
Lv2nymph A European style nymph
Oldlefty Pattern TBD
Jake M Lehigh river comparadun
Eunan Hendron Married wing wet - Bergmanesque
Acesedgley Picket pin A welcome addition.

acesedgley wrote:
Hi there. I plan on attending on Saturday. Been a long time lurker, but have met some of u before at some of the events, including last years tying jam.
I will practice on a Picket Pin, and nervously demonstrate the pattern. I also have some items that could be raffled off or given to those in need, including my original vise.
Looking forward to getting off the couch, and glad to finally have opened up and revealed myself on the board.

I have added you to our list. You are a welcome addition. And thank you for your kind donation.

GenCon

acesedgley wrote:

acesedgley,

I look forward to meeting you if I didn't already meet you at last years tying Jam. Don't be nervous, it is a lot of fun. Thanks for making the commitment. I'm sure you will be glad you did. By the way, the Picket Pin is an excellent choice to tie. Great pattern!

See you Saturday.

John (dc410)

acesedgley, its great to have you on board! Looking forward to meeting you on saturday too. Don't be scared, we are all here to help each other. Im sure you will do a great job. Also, thanks for your donations too.
See you there Mooney4

I possibly can make it in the morning for a few hours.

Mike I have a few small things I can donate. (Fishpond Tippet holders) if you need them.

I will come down, but won't be able to make it until about 12:30. If that is not too late in the day, I will tie a gilled Isonychia Nymph.

shwng1973 wrote:
I possibly can make it in the morning for a few hours.

Mike I have a few small things I can donate. (Fishpond Tippet holders) if you need them.

Shawn, it will be good to see you. Any donations will be welcome.

GenCon

GenCon wrote:
Updated List of tyers.

troutpoop Caddis fly
Oldlefty Pattern TBD
Acesedgley Picket pin A welcome addition.[/quote]
Reeder Iso nymph

GenCon wrote:

GenCon wrote:
Updated List of tyers.

troutpoop Caddis fly
Oldlefty Cut wing Hendrickson
Acesedgley Picket pin A welcome addition.
Reeder Iso nymph[/quote]

Updated List of tyers.

Tyger, Ken Schwam strip leech
troutpoop Caddis fly
Oldlefty Pattern TBD
Acesedgley Picket pin A welcome addition
Reeder Iso nymph

Updated List of tyers.

Tyger, Ken Schwam strip leech
troutpoop Caddis fly
Oldlefty Pattern TBD
Acesedgley Picket pin A welcome addition
Reeder Iso nymph[/quote]
Buffalo beginner style flys, buggers, worms ect.

Hey!! don't let todays snow worry you!! Its all over now and the forecast for the weekend is going to be sunny with temperatures in the upper 30's and low 40's. Come on out!! Its gonna be great time!!

mooney4 wrote:
Hey!! don't let todays snow worry you!! Its all over now and the forecast for the weekend is going to be sunny with temperatures in the upper 30's and low 40's. Come on out!! Its gonna be great time!!

Yes definitely come. A couple more tyers recently decided to come. We have some amazing prizes for the raffle. In fact JAY348 just sent me a few of his bass bugs. They are awesome.

GenCon

Great time at the jam today. Really enjoyed seeing everyone and learned a lot watching and talking to some really talented fly tiers.

I agree, Dave. The talent on display was eye opening for this new tyer. Thank you to everyone!

I would like extend my thanks to the organizers and all the participants at the tying jam.
I had never been to an event and I felt welcomed. I really enjoyed the short few hours I had to visit. I look forward to future events and possibly spending a few hours on a creek with any of the folks I met.

poop

Really sorry I missed it....next year.

Back