2013 Paflyfish Winter Photo Contest

DaveKile

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member
We have some fantastic anglers on this site and many who have shared some wonderful images from their fly fishing experiences. It doesn't matter if photography is your passion, your hobby, or just an occasional pastime, we invite you to participate in the Paflyfish photo contest, recognizing the beauty and character of fly fishing in the Pennsylvania fly fishing region. I thought it would be fun to capture those images this winter.

Winning photos will be displayed on the Paflyfish website and we have prizes from our sponsor Allen Fly Fishing. Allen Fly Fishing is offer prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Details of those prizes will be shared shortly, but you can be sure it will involve fly rods and reels!

Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to participate. Photos must be submitted in digital format; see contest rules for details.

Each participant may submit one photograph in total. All images must be digitally uploaded. You can upload your images at the photo section. Select the “2013 Winter Photo Contest” Category when submitting your photograph.

Start Date: December 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM, EST End Date: March 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM EST. We’re not responsible for errors that may terminate the contest early so enter soon.

Sorry for the length and this is intended to be fun, but most all questions can be answered by reading the rules and directions below. Please read more here!

I'm all over this Dave. I have a few shots I think might work. But not gunna put in my entry till closer to the deadline.

No problem and plenty of time.

Just a reminder for everyone.

Submit one photo only and it must be of winter. 5-6 photos from the summer will be grounds for disqualification.

Hope to do other seasonal contests as well.

Dave

Curious - I snapped seven shots today with a stitch assist mode on my camera and ran them through Hugin to generate a panoramic image. Is the composite image a valid submission?

Yep that would work as longas it is one final image. Just don't want seven images submitted from one person. No shotgunning.

what happens to people who have submitted more than one photo. I see some that have submitted 2 or 3. Isn't it one per person?

"Each participant may submit one photograph in total."

They will be disqualified unless they contact me and ask me to only select one for the entry. I will not be chasing people down for this. The rules are pretty explicate.

ok...thanks dkile...cause i was thinking the same thing on terms of fairness

Back