csoult wrote:
Ok, so this is what I'm going with.
Me
Turkey
DaveS (maybe)
Sasquatch (staying with dad)
Jack (maybe)
Wetfly01
No set plans as of right now. I will be arriving at the campground on Thursday night. If anyone would like, we can meet up on Friday morning at the cabin Turkey and I are staying in since there are so few of us. I will provide coffee. Not sure exactly what time but probably early morning. PM coming for each of you. If I have missed someone, I apologize, add your name to the list. Either way we will be back at the campground that night to hang by the fire and have a few drinks. All are welcome.
Does this work?

Yes I say meet up times on Friday and Saturday mornings-8am at the campground.

Also, my offer still stands if anyone needs a place to crash, my cabin will be open. We also have a big fire pit for camp fires and such. Just putting it out there, since the group is smaller than first anticipated.

Well, It looks pretty favorable for the weather. I initially pictured camped out in a Spring snow squall, creeks blown out, and yet still coming home with mosquito bites! So I am commited at this point to making the trip. Except (Cough) for, I have (Hack) the feeling (wheeze) that I'm burning a sick day in the latter part of the week. (Sneeze) If you're pickin up what I'm layin down?!
Naturally I'll bring the appropriate 80 proof "makes me feel better madicine"

See you guys there!

awesome. Dude it looks like they're calling for rain though while we're there. That wouldn't be bad...we really need it. Could be beneficial to us.

Great news Dave, look forward to seeing you there.

Just talked to Tim Robinsin. Looks like he'll be joining us for Friday. He has to be back for work on Saturday.

We're getting a nice group here! Turkey, Csoult, Wetnet, Sal (and his bro), Tim Robinsin, Jack (probably not but maybe!?), DaveS, my dad and myself.

I still say we have to kidnap Sandfly and get him out w/ us one of the days at least! Speaking of which, I will be visiting his store at 9am on Thursday morning. If anyone else is up around then, that'd be cool to see you there. Otherwise;
8am meet up at the campground on Friday and Saturday, we'll plan Sunday from there.

Man, I almost made the trip just to meet Wetnet lmao

Shane, you should drive up. The recent weather report looks like it is going to be terrible. It didn't look that bad two days ago. Have a JAM, make it RAIN!

If I did not have an Autism walk on Saturday and the Pohopoco stream clean up on Sunday, I would have came. Next time guys.

Yeah but I suspect the rain will be good for the fishing.

If anyone doesn't want to get soaked in tents, let me know. I got room at the cabin (a few hundred yards from the campground)

Bring MB's for sure.................weather will be fine.................

'Squatch, Thank you for the offer, but I'm traveling with my dog this weekend and she will be plenty muddy for sure. Hell, I'll probably be muddy too.

Sandfly, you're not gonna try to sell me a bridge are ya? lol!

Wait till you meet my little one bob. She is a card. She loves farm animals so I got a feeling your chickens are going to be chased!

Look forward to this trip. Fishing with MacKenzie is always a joy and I feel blessed I can do it in god's country this weekend with her.

best of luck to all of you heading that way!

You too biker. Love that stream your headed to.

just met Andy (sasquatch) and his dad, If ya need flies see them....lol...they will be in potatoe city within the hour and setting up camp.

Hey Dave, no bridge but got a gas well for sale though......

I fished late afternoon early evening yesterday over by Coudersport and it was low, as are all of the streams right now. Hopefully, Saturdays rain brings them up for you, but does not wash you out. If you are fihing prior to the rain I would recommend sticking to the bigger waters.

As for insects I saw some tan caddis, red quills and smaller mayflies, I assume blue quills. Also some yellow sallies and a different small stonefly I could not id, it had a reddish colored body. I

picked up 3 fish on a red quill on top, usually do better where I was fishing, but there were 2 sets of fresh bootprints which is usually a bad sign. Also, saw 3 dead trout which sucks since this was a wild trout stream that does not get stocked.

sandfly wrote:
just met Andy (sasquatch) and his dad, If ya need flies see them....lol...they will be in potatoe city within the hour and setting up camp.

Almost...stopped at Sylvania to pay our respects to Ruby and eat some meat and potatoes.

Everyone needs to stop at Sandfly's place if they're in the area. Its quite an experience. I believe his first words to my dad went something like this;
"This is the stick I use to beat off bears"-Sandy, while holding up a 12' beaver stick
"Uh, really?"-my dad
"Yeah there's one feeding on a carcass back there."-Sandy
"A fish, or what?"-my dad
"no no no. One of my ex-wives."-Sandy

Hahaha! I was dying, my dad was kind of taken back! Then Sandy says, "Didn't Andy warn you about me!?"

Back