2012 Quill Gordon Summit on the horizon!!! April 20-22nd

Got a call from the campground last night, they were wondering if we were still doing this. I have not called them back yet but, just curious to see if I can get a number for them. So far I have:
Me
Turkey
DaveS (maybe)
Sasquatch (staying with dad)

When is this event?
It's not in the title line and I don't feel like reading back through all the threads to find it.

The weekend of April 20th.

Sal is coming up on Friday night or Saturday. I mentioned something to Tim Robinsin, not sure if he's coming or not.

What about Jack? !

csoult,

I'll becoming up for the weekend. I'll be arriving at my camp in Cross Forks and staying there on Friday evening and meeting up with you guys Sat morning and Sun. Are there any nailed down details of where we are meeting and times and any other activities? I'll be there this weekend for opening day so I'll let you guys know whats going on up there as far as water flows and hatches.

I'll be here at the shop from now till june..thurs.-sunday( 6am- 12:00 pm)

I'll be there next Thursday around 9am if all goes according to plan, Sandy. Can't wait!

no brad asleep....hours will be thurs,fri,sat (6am to 6pm) sun(6am-12pm) then fish mon-weds..

Thanks.
Good luck guys - wish I could join yuh. Take pics and post some fish stories.

Gentlemen, I know I "instigated" this, and I did so with every intention of attending and being an enthusiastic participant. I was very glad that some of you stepped up to run the matter and you have done a great job.

I hate to bellyache on line, but I have so much crap to take care of between now and the end of April, that taking a full weekend-- and to be honest, taking even a day and a half out of my schedule is going to be a burden. That said, I still want to come and to a certain extent PLAN to come, but it would likely be either a drive up Saturday morning and stay until Sunday or a drive up Friday night and stay until Saturday nightfall.

But, the truth is, it may result in a complete abort as I am concerned about whether the drive time, fishing time and overnight stay will end up laying even greater burdens on me than I already feel I have.

So, I have to leave it at this: I hope to be there if at all possible, but can hardly promise anything at this point.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh come on!!!!!

No, its cool. You gotta do what you gotta do, brother.

Ok, so this is what I'm going with.
Me
Turkey
DaveS (maybe)
Sasquatch (staying with dad)
Jack (maybe)
Wetfly01
No set plans as of right now. I will be arriving at the campground on Thursday night. If anyone would like, we can meet up on Friday morning at the cabin Turkey and I are staying in since there are so few of us. I will provide coffee. Not sure exactly what time but probably early morning. PM coming for each of you. If I have missed someone, I apologize, add your name to the list. Either way we will be back at the campground that night to hang by the fire and have a few drinks. All are welcome.

Looking forward to this. I talked to my dad, since its a smaller group, our cabin will be open for anyone to crash at. We'll be up around 9am on Thursday morning. Just thought I'd throw the invite out. Just PM me and let me know!
Thanks
Andy

Just confirmed w/ Sal that he will be up in Potter for the weekend. He's staying at his camp w/ his family (he has his daughter for the weekend), but him and his bro will be meeting up w/ us for the fishing! Rock and roll.

Guys just got back from opening day festivities in Potter county. The water was bad low and crystal clear on Kettle,but managed to land some of fish. It was a typical opening day. Seen a few march browns,BWO's but mostly tan caddis's. We decided to make a trip over to Pine Saturday afternoon and fish the evening just to fish a better flow. Fished above and below Slate Run. Seen quite a few march browns and fish were working on them. But there was a dark bodied caddis fly with a green egg sack coming off. It was the biggest hatch that I have seen in all my years of fly fishing and of coarse seen no fish working them. The hatch was so heavy at one point we had to get off the water. It was one heck of a sight. We might not be fishing over quill gordons but there's going to be plenty of everything else. Hopefully they will get some rain up there this week. Those streams really need it bad.

Looks like I'll be arriving Sat morning at the campground. What time will we be all meeting there??

You'll be glad to see rain in the 5 day forecast.

I'll be up by 9am Thursday morning. We really need a meet up place/time!!! Any thoughts? Friday night maybe (and a place for the Saturday folks)

Sasquatch,
Please check your PM.

Back