2012 Eastern PA Flyfishing Instructional Jamboree

Im wondering if anyone from the harrisburg area was going and wanted to join me to save some fuel. Let me know via PM. Thanks

I'm a little nervous about the "no set time" thing, but I think it will work out ok.

We're encouraging you guests to go to the peruse the various stations and steer discussion. Remember, we're not there to hear ourselves talk, we're there to help you with what you need help with. You likely have specific questions, and there's just no way to anticipate them all and cover them all without also wasting much of your time on stuff you don't care about. So we have broad topics, use it as a template, and then ask the instructors to get more specific on whatever you want them to cover.

Talk amongst each other too. Form small groups with those with similar experience levels and similar interests. So maybe a group of you determine that you need to learn how to tie a ___ knot. Well, go as a group and ask the instructor at the appropriate station to help. But you don't have to stick around and watch him teach a different knot that you already know, that'd be a waste of your time.

Kray, you will be needed. Some station is going to get mobbed. Some may run out to the yard to do a short casting demo, and need a cover at their station. And many instructors will want want to become students, take a break and go see Old Lefty.

H.A.
I am planning on coming up. if you need any help let me know.

Thanks

Rick

Tom,
You're making it sound like I don't fish anywhere else! I've got quite a bit of experience on the Cumberland Valley limestoners. That's where I learned to fish. With that said, I've grown very fond of floating around while sitting on my butt and enjoying the wildlife. It's not so much about the catching anymore but if I'm making the effort to stalk / cast, I want it to be a "good" fish.

Rick,
Bring all your fly boxes. I want to hear the new guys yell "holy sh*t that guy has a lot of flies!!!"

pcray1231 wrote:
And many instructors will want want to become students, take a break and go see Old Lefty.

No Old Lefty this time. He's got a seminar going on up at McConnell's Country Store Fly Shop.

Rick - I've got the perfect spot in mind for you. Your fly boxes would come in handy. ;-) Thanks for helping out!

Looking at the list of instructors for this event, I'm just in awe of the experience these guys bring to the table. Literally, hundreds of years of flyfishing experience - and this knowledge is available for free. What an opportunity to learn!

H.A.

Hi HA, it was great seeing you at the show. Like I said I plan on coming to this shindig. Plus bring a buddy of mine and his son. They both have just started and I think they both would really enjoy the day.

krayfish wrote:
Tom,
You're making it sound like I don't fish anywhere else! I've got quite a bit of experience on the Cumberland Valley limestoners. That's where I learned to fish. With that said, I've grown very fond of floating around while sitting on my butt and enjoying the wildlife. It's not so much about the catching anymore but if I'm making the effort to stalk / cast, I want it to be a "good" fish.

Rick,
Bring all your fly boxes. I want to hear the new guys yell "holy sh*t that guy has a lot of flies!!!"

LOL....no doubt Andy! There is a lot of interest in fishing the D. You are, on this board (among many other things) Da D man.

Looking at the instructor list, there is a wealth expertise and a ton of info to be shared. If you make it to the Heritage Ed Jam and don't learn a whole bunch of stuff....it's your own fault.

quoting Afish: "...the Heritage Ed Jam" . Nice.

littlelehigh wrote:
...and how to make full sentences using only profanity. :lol:
I need help and am really looking forward to that!

It's a medical conditon I have. LOL

LL saw me hook and lose 25 fish during a trico hatch. Thank God that problem didn't last too long.

mcfinn wrote:
quoting Afish: "...the Heritage Ed Jam" . Nice.

It's payback for that "Amishinado" comment. :lol:

Looking forward to it.
My day has freed up a bit so I can stick around for the rest of the afternoon.

Really looking forward to this.
I need to stop fishing so much and finish up my presentation :lol:

As long as the baseball team I am coaching doesn't have practice that Saturday and I will be there. And I need all the help I can get. Might be bringing a friend that's new to the game also

I'm already carpooling with Boj...anyone else in the Abington/NE area going? I could fit one more and equipment in my car. (Now I'll have to clean it out...)

Thanks for setting this up... Will try to be there for the AM sessions... Chance to learn and meet people to fish with, excellent.

k-bob wrote:
Thanks for setting this up... Will try to be there for the AM sessions... Chance to learn and meet people to fish with, excellent.

If you want to, I'm sure Pat could use some help with his topic. I have a funny feeling he's gonna be a busy boy.....

Back