2011 PAFF Eastern PA Trico Mini Jam Saturday 7/9/11

What time does the fly shop open as I will have to get a lighter leader and a few flys

jaymason wrote:
What time does the fly shop open as I will have to get a lighter leader and a few flys

Hi Jay - The shop doesn't open until 9AM. I'll help you out, so you won't miss any of the action. Look for me at 7AM, and I'll get you ready to go...

H.A.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
jaymason wrote:

Hi Jay - The shop doesn't open until 9AM. I'll help you out, so you won't miss any of the action. Look for me at 7AM, and I'll get you ready to go...

H.A.

..and this is why he is known as "the prince of the LL".

Always a class act H.A.

Hi guys, I just saw this get together post. I think that I might be able to make it up there. What type of flys do I need? Im still new to matching the hatch thing. What size? I think i really need to get more time in on the water with others that know what there doing!!

Hi mooney - See this thread for flies needed. Size 22-26 should be fine, but if you're only gonna have one size, go for size 24's.

You'll need 5X, and 6X tippet too. It's early in the hatch, so the fish are less fussy - the precise reason I chose the date for this event.

Come join us!

H.A.

How many guys have big magnifying glasses so I can see to tie these flies in my leader?

Thanks

Rick

RickinPa wrote:
How many guys have big magnifying glasses so I can see to tie these flies in my leader?

Thanks

Rick

I've saw your micro caddis nymphs you tie. You'll be fine.

I can't believe this is going to get blown out again. What are the odds?

Jdaddy, you should see the 4 dozen Trico I tied 20-26.

Rick

RickinPa wrote:
Jdaddy, you should see the 4 dozen Trico I tied 20-26.

Rick

You should see the (2) 24 tricos I tied last night. LOL.

jdaddy wrote:
You should see the (2) 24 tricos I tied last night. LOL.

I've still got a pill bottle of last year's dregs, including at least one of those ridiculous trico clusters that got talked up last year.

Don't bash the bombs!

honestly, its the onyl one i have a shot of following on the water 'til i can blink again.

As much as we needed the rain, it would have been nice to not get it all in one shot.

We won't be fishing tricos on the Little Lehigh tomorrow morning. For those that are unaware of the blownout condition of the Little Lehigh, I'll be there at 7AM tomorrow morning.

If anyone shows up, and wants to fish, I'll take them to the Pohopoco. It's about a half hour North of the Little Lehigh, and is at a good level to fish.

Best I can do - sorry guys! See pics in the Jam thread on the General forum

H.A.

Where's the meet point on the Pocochoko?

My house lol

I would say riverwalks

Yo Ed. Tully TU breakfast is in the morning and we could do tricos there. Tailwaters. They magical. Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. What time is breakfast?

Rick

driving 20 minutes to LL and being able to hit the shop for needed hooks (lookin at your hardy, kbob!) was tempting, waffling on 45 minutes to po, one eye and all that. although i'm rockin the snake plissken eyepatch.

hour to tully also irksome.

oh well. we'll see what all y'all come up with 10pm.

Rick. Officially breakfast is 8:00 am at Tully house. Tricos get going well before 8 on Tully right now. I'd like to be on the water at six fish couple hours then huge breakfast. We could fish the atw near Tully house or regular dhaflo sections. Plenty of tables at Tully house for tying if anyone wants to get down on same.

Back