2009 Fly tying symposium

This will cost you almost as much as it's going to cost my buddy Barry. :hammer:

It's time to employ a little stragety....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW5jxxxiw6s&feature=related

Nice seeing you again Gfen. It really was a nice show every tier was INCREDIBLE. Nice variety of materials Partridge skins for $15!!!!! That's a steal.

Also I really enjoyed fishing Friday with "Prince", Mike and the others thanks guys for the invite we gotta get together again sometime.

I might also add it was a real pleasure speaking with Mr. Donny Beaver himself and I look forward to attending the professional fly tiers round up in January which he said will be open to the public at SRC.

P.S. Mr. Rothrock sorry I missed ya at the show as an after thought I wish I woulda asked to see one of your Beatis nymphs. Oh well next time!

Heritage-Angler wrote:
This will cost you almost as much as it's going to cost my buddy Barry. :hammer:

Can we maybe convince a moderater to make that your official title around here? Y'know, where it says "Moderator" under their name, maybe we can get yours to say "Prince of the Little Lehigh?"

Seriously, who do I gotta bribe 'round here for that kinda hijynx?

"Prince of the little lehigh" Sure has a better ring to it than "Ed"

(heh)

"Hey, What are ya - a wise guy?"

The man formally known as Heritage Angler.

i went to the symposium today and met a lot of great tyers.i got some amazing deals on material.i had a great time.

you guys should see rob scheiners size 32 royal wulff.amazing!!

i did watch mike heck tye too.good stuff.

you guys should see rob scheiners size 32 royal wulff.amazing!!

He's doing that old trick again, jeez I have one from him 10 years ago...lol..ask him to do a size 42 royal wulff...

Someone mentined that to me, but I couldn't recall the tiers name to actually check it out. I also regret not seeking out Don Bastion's station to see his famous wet ties. Whoops.

Next year I guess.

i didn't think don bastion had a table this year.a guy from the midwest,mike schmidt,was selling his videos.mike schmidt tyes some amazing wet flies,much in the bastian/bergman etc. tradition.bulk free!

www.anglerschoiceflies.com

he was booth partners with mike heck.two great tyers in one area.

shakey wrote:
i didn't think don bastion had a table this year.a guy from the midwest,mike schmidt,was selling his videos.mike schmidt tyes some amazing wet flies,much in the bastian/bergman etc. tradition.bulk free!

www.anglerschoiceflies.com

he was booth partners with mike heck.two great tyers in one area.

I second Mike Schmidt's wet flies. I regret not buying the Blue Jay one on his table as a show piece. I may have to track him down and see if he can send me one of those. His flies were outta this world.

Had a good time at the show. Got to meet a few of you.
Shakey- thanks again for the hooks. Saw some flies that Lou and beadhead had tied up. They both are quite the master of the weave some really nice looking stuff.
Sandfly--- I'm glad---- I mean sorry you didn't make it. :-D I never gave you a 32 it was a 28. And going buy tiemco's 32 , I tied a 42. Its on one of those mustad 277 -32's Thought it was a good show overall, I'm sure that some would have liked more vendors, the ones I talked to all said they did really good.

no,thank you plumbob.i am your fan.your streamers are amazing.are they carrie stevens patterns?

little lehigh,the link you quoted will take you to mike schmidt's flies.i think his fishing flies are $5 and his presentation flies are only $9.a bargain to use as a model or even frame.

Guys, Again, thatks for meeting me on the Lehigh. Love the stream conversations. Will do it again. Thanks for coming to see me.

Mike Schmidt and I are good friens and will be back up in January. You can get those amazing wets and www.anglerschoiceflies.com

Again, thanks again!!!

Good seeing some of you at the symposium. Had some good conversation with Ed and Gary.

I'll look forward to seeing more of you at the show in January. I'm thinking of paying for a table as a tyer and having some shadowbox quality flies and possibly some framed photos with flies available for purchase. Problem is, my friends know how slow of a tyer I am ;-)

Dave R.

Attachments

• DSC_0887_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_0887_edited-1.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 3
Back