Youghiogheny river

laurelhighlander

I have been looking at the section from Friendsville, md to around deep creek lake. Anyone have any experience fishing here, are there wild trout? Was thinking that browns may swim up this stretch of river to yough river lake in fall.

I have been looking at the section from Friendsville, md to around deep creek lake. Anyone have any experience fishing here, are there wild trout? Was thinking that browns may swim up this stretch of river to yough river lake in fall.
I've fished it quite a bit from where deep creek releases(by streams and dreams)down to sang run bridge. It is mostly stocked fish with some wild guys in the mix. Ive caught a couple bigger fish but never heard anyone say they are coming from the yough lake. The bug life is excellent but make sure you are aware of releases and watch out for water rising quickly. Here's a nice brown I took a couple years ago.
3df53a19-d8b0-4584-97e7-14bb77c1243d-1_all_13452.jpg

From what I remember reading (years ago), that section is a lot of heavy water and release can make it dangerous

From what I remember reading (years ago), that section is a lot of heavy water and release can make it dangerous
That's the section below sang run bridge, it is heavily used by whitewater folks when there are releases from deep creek lake. When there is a release the upper yough put in lot will be loaded with vehicles. The area I fish is reasonably friendly to wading at appropriate flows.

Back