Yough River fishing

E

Ed007

Hello all,

I am going to fish the Yough below ramcat launch Friday. Anyone have any suggestions on flies or techniques? Every time I go to that river it kicks my but...lol. Thanks for any advice

Picky ones there for stockies, especially on a blue bird skies day. The discharge out of the dam is great (500 cfs) level for wading. Water is very cold but probably will feel nice this afternoon. Good luck

Sulphurs, Cahill's, ISOs, olives, caddis, oh my... Need to be prepared for pretty much everything on top. No two visits to the Yough are ever the same.

Sulphurs, Cahill's, ISOs, olives, caddis, oh my... Need to be prepared for pretty much everything on top. No two visits to the Yough are ever the same.
Well I went on Friday and yet again got my butt kicked. Fished a variety of nymphs, midges, attractor patterns and some streamers. Hooked one on my first cast then nothing the rest of the day. I'll just have to keep trying 🤷‍♂️

Well I went on Friday and yet again got my butt kicked. Fished a variety of nymphs, midges, attractor patterns and some streamers. Hooked one on my first cast then nothing the rest of the day. I'll just have to keep trying 🤷‍♂️
If it's any consolation, I get my butt kicked regularly on the Yough. The last time I was there I got the goose egg, I may go back tomorrow to try to get even.

The Yough is a tough taskmaster. Like many famous PA trout streams, it's part of the mystique.
Don't give up.

Live 30 minutes from confluence so I've fished the yough a lot. I would say try the outflow area for trout, then go for smallies around ramcat

Back