Yellow Creek (Bedford Co)

Architeuthis

Architeuthis

I was planning on giving Yellow Creek a try next week. Anybody familiar with the area know where to find the parking parking for the Special Regs area and/or the upper sections. Any must have flies? I've read most of the post on the site and it seems that much of the stream is on private land.

Thanks.

Jack's Corner Road is what you want to find. If you're headed North on 26 towards Loysburg hang a right at the CoGos. That's not Jack's Corner Road but you will get to it easily from there. You can also continue north a short distance on 26 to 36 and turn right onto Jack's Corner at the New Frontier restaurant and back track to the parking lot. If you come in from the South you'll go over the stream and pass a saw mill on your left. Proceed about a 1/4 mile? and you'll see a prominent sign for Fly Fishing parking lot. Turn left and follow the gravel road to the parking area. The parking is very easy to find from either direction. Also, all the roads are well marked on any map. You'll have no trouble finding it.

I was there for a few hours Friday afternoon. Stream was in excellent shape. A little cloudy but that's kind of the norm due to the limestone influence. Caddis were coming off but not enough surface activity to get me to try a dry. I had some success nymphing with a bead head caddis pupa and a pheasant tail. Heard other guys were catching the stockers on egg patterns. Some nice wild fish in there.

Upstream of the FFO the stretch that goes through the Loysburg Gap is really nice if you can stand the noise from the trucks. It's right along 36. Easily accessible.

Thanks! Let ya know how it goes.

Back