Yellow Breeches

jbewley

jbewley

I get off Rt 15, near Dillsburg and head west towards Bowling Springs. You cross the RR tracks, then the Yellow Breeches, west of the town. There is a building, white fencing, then an open area, then a house. Does anybody know if this area can be fished or is it private? It looks promising.

Jim

If it isn't posted, you can fish it with courtesy toward the landowner who does not post it.

If no one responds you might clarify more exactly where you mean. I'm not sure where you're talking about.

Hope this works.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Brandtsville

If you click the satellite view, on the above link, you can zero in on the spot.

Jim

MAYBE I'M MISSING SOMETHING BUT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU CAN PRETTY MUCH ACCESS THE WHOLE CREEK IN THAT AREA ALONG CREEK RD OR THE RR TRACKS. APPEARS TO BE CARS PARKED ALONG THE CREEK IN THE SATELLITE PIC. IS THAT A DESIGNATED TRAIL ALONG THOSE TRACKS OR JUST A BUFFER?

It is posted upstream of that bridge. Please don't park or fish on the upstream side. There are new-ish no-parking signs there, and some people still can't resist. Why, out of all the open water on the Breeches, some people still feel the need to park between two no-parking signs and fish on posted property is beyond me. If you want to fish that area, park at the pull-off on park place just off locust point. Just my $0.02.

Thanks. I see the pull off and will try that section. Have you fished it before??

Jim

I fully respect "posted" and "no parking" signs. Part of our farm is posted, to keep hunters from shooting the horses.

Is it a section worth checking out, in your opinion?

Jim

I enjoy fishing many different stretches of the breeches. I generally avoid the more crowded areas, but I know a lot of guys who really like the special regs stretch. I would say go fish it and see what you think! The breeches can be full of surprises.

Thank you. I will give it a try.

Jim

When I was a teenager , back in the mid-70's I spent a lot of time fishing the Breeches and Falling Springs out of Chambersburg..... As soon as I turned 16 and bought a car I was there almost every weekend ....... Eventually the area got to built up so I moved on to fishing the central Pa. Area.....Penns Creek, Fishing Creek and Spring were my new home..... But the Breeches still has a special place in my heart..... I actually have a painting in my TV room of the dam at Allenberry with the old stone house along the stream above the dam......By Robert Abbot dated 1977 .....

Back