www.paflyfish.com

OlyphantLacky

OlyphantLacky

Where can i get a paflyfish hat or a t-shirt or maybe a sweatshirt for the winter?

Mo gave out tons of bumper stickers at the Jam. Perhaps they are available. I don't know about other gear.

Like the idea of a hat.

I like the idea of a hat too....I'll bring it up with the grand pubah.

as I recall the last time we did hats it didn't go so well. Although the hats were nice, Dave took a bath on them. The logo has changed too so we will need a new design. Should be easy enough. With Daves blessing, I can get started on them.

Maurice

Mo,

Just a suggestion, get a "head count" on how many are interested in buying hats before you order. Perhaps a small profit can be built in to help Dave pay for the expense of maintaining the site. Put me down for two.

live2fish wrote:
Like the idea of a hat.[/quote

Put me down for one.

Maurice,
I've used a company out of West Chester( I think that's where they are), for various shirts, hats, sweatshirts, etc for safety awards in the past. They are very reasonably priced and pretty quick at producing the goods. If interested, I can look into for you. It was a few years ago but I remember the hats were only about $10-$12 with an embroidered logo. They were nice hat didn't look like a box sitting on your head.
Let me know if you want me do look into it. If you already have someone, put me down for (1). Preferably in some shade of green or tan.

If we do go forward with tshirts or hats, put a sticky up in the Swap Forum about them. Then people will know that they are available.

Great Idea!
I'm in for two.

Thanks

Buffalo

Count me in. I am in need of a new PAFlyfish hat, as I finally lost mine this summer when it fell off my head on a roller coaster. I'll probably get a spare this time. I wore that thing a lot. I vote for tan, like last time.

Have you considered http://www.cafepress.com/ ?

I'd be in for one.

I'm good for two hats!

The word from upstairs is that we will consider it toward winter. (if winter ever comes)

Thanks for the interest. we will see how it goes.

Maurice

Hats would be cool...it would avoid the awkward, post streamside conversation question of "hey, you ever go on that ffing website?" When you're wondering if you know that guy.

tomgamber wrote:
Hats would be cool...it would avoid the awkward, post streamside conversation question of "hey, you ever go on that ffing website?" When you're wondering if you know that guy.

Tom,

I have to say, and I have talked with Dave about this, I have NEVER chatted with folks streamside where they mentioned the site. It always surprised me. Of course I don't bring it up either...Even with parking at the run at Boiling Springs on the Breeches with bumperstickers on the car.

I always thought it would draw questions. but nada.

Dave on the other hand said when chatting in local watering holes around the First Fork, people bring up the site when talking fishing. More than once or twice as I recall.

Anyway, I am curious as to this sites popularity and willingness to "bring it up" along the stream. Of course the regulars enjoy the gossip of the message board at Jamboree's and local fly tying "cabin fevers" during winter among members.

Speaking of which, I believe we passed last year but for a few years there, in the Harrisburg area, we had a Sunday tying/gathering session at a boardmembers home with pizza, wings, brew and lots of tying, gossip, furled leader building, bamboo rod casting, etc. A "reel" hoot! Usually the week before the Superbowl....Hell, I took time off work for it three years in a row. I held one here at my home too. Something to consider for different regions. I wouldn't recommend open invitations but you know the folks that post and live near you in driving distance and then find a location and get it together. Fun stuff!

Heck, many of us have made contacts with board members to meet on stream. I know I have.

Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing about on-stream or watering hole meetings of associate boardmembers.

Good Point Tom,

Maurice

I'll take two hats and are there any bumper stickers left?
JH

i will also take 2 hats and bumber stickers!!!! gotta represent in south jersey

mark

Mo, I'm not big on that kind of thing for myself. However, to show my appreciation for the site, I'd be willing to pay for a couple if you guys want to use them as prizes in some kind of contest. Or better yet, give them to a couple of kids who are already showing interest in the sport. They are our future.

Let me know.

Mo, I don't make a habit of it but sometimes another fisherman will exhibit signs of something I've recently read on the board or someone who looks like a beginner that might benefit from lurking or asking here. I have probably asked less than a half dozen fishermen about the site and only one comes here regularly, a few are lurkers and the other one or two never heard of it but were interested when I mentioned its existence. Just FYI

Back