WTB Orvis CFO I (mid 90's)

D

dcoffey

Greetings,

I am looking to purchase an Orvis CFO I click and pawl for my "One Ounce". I do not want to purchase a new model (made by Abel). I am seeking reels that were made in the early to mid 90's. Any leads would be welcomed.

Donny

No such thing.

All CFO I's were disc drag.

I got one, nice c/p reel but I prefer the c/p cfo 123 for my sage 1wt. I even have a disk cfo1 .

Actually there is such an item and I owned one when they first came out. They were produced in 1993 and were cast aluminum, rather than the newly introduced machined ones. Halfway through 1993, Orvis switched to machined models. The disc models started in 1995.

Here is the animal in question...it sold for $190 I think at the time. My bro got the CFO I, II, III (disk drag sold for $290 ) they were green.

This reel is perfect for cork and ring reel seats on smal stream rods.

Not for sale...sorry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 6
I guess I wasn't the only one who had one...

The new CFOs are bad #censor#. The old click and pawls are bad #censor# too. CFO 1s show up on ebay every now and then. They are less common than 123s and hardy made cfo IIs. They were made by BFR and were marketed with the one oz rod.

I have an Orvis 7' 4wt. "One Ounce" HLS (cork and ring) that I would like to outfit with a CFO I, mid 90's. I have been looking on ebay, but thought that some local folks would have better leads.

Back