WTB Medium Honey Bug (cotton) Chenille

J

JPT

Hello, I’m looking for medium size Honey Bug (cotton) chenille. Looking for colors chartreuse, gray, cream/natural, gray, olive, etc.

Thanks, Jim

JPT wrote:
Hello, I’m looking for medium size Honey Bug (cotton) chenille. Looking for colors chartreuse, gray, cream/natural, gray, olive, etc.

Thanks, Jim

Contact "Sandfly" on PAFF > aka Bob Childs, owner of Big Meadows Fly Shop. I know he stocks and sells the original "Honey Bug" chenille.

afishinado, Thanks for the suggestion. But they no longer have Honey Bug chenille.????

Jim

I just Googled "Honeybug Chenille" and found a shop selling it >

https://competitiveangler.com/shop/body-materials/chenilles-braids/jack-mickievicz-original-honeybug-cotton-chenille/

afishinado, I’m looking for the medium size chenille. They only carry the small size. Thanks for taking the time though!

Jim

Maybe you can give Kevin Compton at Performance Flies a call to see if he has what you're looking for. Honey Bug chenille is listed on his website. Here is a link:

Performance Flies

Skook, Performance Flies only has the small size as well. Thanks all the same.

Jim

I bought plain cotton chenille in different sizes online and dyed it myself. Yeah, a bit of a pain, but a nice winter project. I predominantly use one color and occasionally another so the task is manageable. You probably want something around 900-1000 ypp (yards per pound). Using unbleached (light cream) is better because the material is more durable, the color will be affected a bit

nymphingmaniac, I don’t mind dying the chenille. That’s a a pretty easy task. I’m looking for approximately 700 ypp. Do you know where online you purchased your cotton chenille? I’ve only been able to find the smaller size, 1450 ypp.

Thanks Jim

Hi JPT, sorry, I don't remember. I purchased it about 6 years ago. I found it on eBay, that much I know.
getting concerned its hard to find the larger size

Back