WTB - 16' Driftboat

M

mediafly

After years of fishing with friends, guides and others with boats; and getting rid of an ex-wife this year, I decided it's time to fill her former spot in the garage with a drift boat.....looking for something in the 16' range to be used primarily on Delaware and/or Lehigh. Starting to look now in hopes of finding something by late march to have time to modify/customize as needed to accommodate 2 dogs easily.

Looking for any potential leads members may have on available boats. I am willing to travel if needed to see boats in person, so if you know of anything within 3-4 hrs of SE PA please let me know.

PM's welcome

Looked on craigslist for you, there is a 99 Hyde in Lycoming County for 4999$.

What's the budget? I can tell you that finding a boat in this region is pretty tough. When Tom was looking, I even contacted some guides or lodges to see if anyone was upgrading their stuff for 2016 and might have an old boat to sell. No dice.

Let's say your you'd like to keep the cost under 5k and start looking on Clacka, Hyde, RO and Adipose sites for used stuff. You find a decent one for $4995.....perfect. You'll then want to factor in transportation cost. If you are able to ge it on a truck headed east with othe boats, mig be $1k additional. If not, you might be looking at $1600-$1800 transport cost and the boats might not get delivered til June! Check craigslist in NY (Catskills & Syracuse). Also check Asheville NC and Tri-Cities in TN. Slim pickings and 5-9 hour drives.

Best option might be to walk into Somerset fly show on Sunday morning. Ask the manufacturers if they are willing to ****er on show display boats. I know someone that did it and walked out of the show with an $8500 boat for $5000!!

Talk to the boat companies out west about shipping

I had RO arrange shipping to Western PA for $800 ... i had it in my driveway 3 days later

Kray, you would be hard pressed to get a boat at somerset for $5K. was up there today, no drift boats for sale. Talked to clack last week about getting a new one to replace mine, 1,000 bucks to ship a new one. I'm likely going to sell my 2013 clack this year. I priced the replacement on mine in 2016 would be almost $12k with shipping....

Clacka,

If you watch any YouTube vids....Gfelding & Kristine (aka The Ant Queen) fish up there a lot and hang at the DRC. I understand that she got one up there last year or the year before. Just before tearing down, she talked to Mike at Stealthcraft booth. Got a 15' Aftermath with ALL the goodies fir $5000. Base boat was $8500-ish with probably $1500 in upgrades. The OP never gave price range that he's looking in. I've looked for my own purchase and for 3 other guys. It's really hard to find a boat less than $4500 that isn't punished. Transport from OR, ID and MT can be expensive and often delayed. Just want the guy to realize the possible issues that could arise. If you look hard enough and long enough, a killer bargain can be found. Might take 3 months or 18 months to find that perfect storm where a guy lets a boat go for pennies on the dollar.

I have a boat for you in Michigan. pm me for info 7000 for everything sawyer Pole cats trailer and all. 2012 Ro Deville

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1454333982582.jpg
    FB_IMG_1454333982582.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3
Thanks everyone for the assist, got some promising PM's that I'll be chasing down over the next few weeks. My budget is flexible depending on the boat, and may be willing to drive a little further for the right boat/price....

Based on the future weather forecasts I'm seeing, and the ole reliable groundhog, my schedule for getting this done maybe accelerated.

Media, I am a little flexible on my price, not going to find a better boat than mine less than 15 miles from your house.....

Back