Would like some feedback

Thanks Jayl and noted.

Jay - Frog's Fanny is hydrophobic fumed silica. That stuff I gave you at the Jam two years ago is pure hydrophobic fumed silica powder. I've heard debates on whether FF is/isn't a mix, but the stuff I have seems exactly like FF to me.

Dessicants are the dry shake kind of stuff - they're the ones that attract water, aka hydrophyllic fumed silica.

So...

hydrophobic = repel water = FF
hydrophyllic = attract water = dessicant type powders

This is why it's best to dry a soaked fly off with a paper towel, amadou, or the old shirt sleeve, before applying FF.

I do agree that Dry Magic is the best for cdc though. I also agree that once you start with the FF, ya gotta reapply pretty often.

Lemme know when you need more of that stuff, and I'll send you another container. Hopefully, we don't get busted by the ATF.

:lol:

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

I've managed to use about a quarter of it and breathe another quarter of it in when filling my bottle. I'll let you know once I manage to accidentally inhale the last of it!

Thanks ed.

For the first dry I've ever seen tied with hook point up I'd say it looks damn good. Only one critic you have to impress. The Fish

Back