6-8-12 001.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 6-8-12 003.jpg
    6-8-12 003.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 6-8-12 004.jpg
    6-8-12 004.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 4
You need to tie up some wacky style ones. How effective are these? I feel like you would miss a lot of bass under 14" from them grabbing the non hookside. This is why I prefer wacky rig over carolina, because I was having a few strikes tear off with my senko.

Those are pretty cool. I like the foam at the tail/weight up front.

Are you just furling the chennile to get the color combos?

Neat, these are really cool - like the foam in the back to raise the tail in the water column.

PWK,
You might be right in some cases however, in my experience fishing both rubber worms and very long flies like these.....bass tend to hit the head end of the bait and get the hook (trout or muskies, not so much).

Fishidiot is right, watch the bass bait commercials of shows that have a bass in a tank. when a worm drops to bottom they suck it in head first everytime. these are tied with weight up front to either crawl or swim on bottom. the red worm ones have lead in front to lay on bottom and the foam keeps the tail up and moving some what like a real worm.. (14"= bait I measure bass in pounds)

I am not saying anyone is wrong, I am just saying from years of fishing senkos, that I rarely fish a 5" worm texas/carolina style. I also prefer the action of a wacky worm.

Weight isnt an awesome indicator of size. I have caught smallmouth out of local streams that would run 5lbs in erie. I assure you these bass were no where near 5lbs. To humor you, I have had 1.25-1.5lb bass(aka 14") nip the *** end of the bait and not get hooked. I wish things worked the same as the commercials all the time. Life would be as simple as going out and buying the product marked "bill dance ____" and instantly catching fish.

Nonetheless, cool ties. There have been several occasions of guys calling into the fly fishing podcast and asking tom for the fly pattern equivalent of a senko. You should market these.

The wacky worm;

Attachments

• forum pics 032.jpg
    forum pics 032.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 5
  • forum pics 031.jpg
    forum pics 031.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 7
th_forumpics033.jpg

Back