Winston BIIX & BII-MX 6wt rods

S

spike-2

Any opinions on these two rods? Use for trout and smallmouth Lehigh, Delaware Susquehanna Delaware and maybe some lakes or smaller streams. Thanks for your thoughts. Dave

Paging jdaddy.....errrr..... Winston staff member

If you want to try a bIIx 9'-0 6 wt I live in Lancaster. I use mine in Penns, Delaware, and other places I want throw heavier nymphs.
Rick

Six weight BIIMX a great Delaware River rod! By far the best version of that series.

Waited on commenting because I sent a couple rods back to Winston for repairs- user error not Winstons fault. Paid the $50 per rod charge the repairs.

Wasn't sure if I get get a new rod since the BiiX rod is no longer under rods on the Winston site. But the rod was repaired, some wraps around the guides were starting to wear pretty heavy. So good to go.

I also sent a 5 piece 8'3 4 wt LT back because the top section broke at the connection of the top 2 pieces.

Got both rods back in 15 days. Pretty good.

Anyway, I have used the BiiX 9'6 6wt for around 5 years or so. Good for heavy nymphs , streamers, smallmouth and I used it as my go to rod for steelhead in Erie for a year or two, although that is pushing it.

Used the BiiX everyday for 3 months in MT in 2009 because I was too lazy to rig other rods- it worked fine for throwing dries on large and small rivers. The BiiX seems to perform fine under various conditions for me. Took a tour of their facility in Twin Bridges in August of 2009 Good luck with the rods.

Back