William Joseph Chest Pack Zipper Broken

C

curtrein

Hello All:
Does anyone know if William Joseph is still in business? If they are does anyone know their contact info or website? Would be idea if I could contact their warranty repair dept to see if they could fix it for me.

I have a 20 yr old favorite chest pack of theirs that just had the zipper catastrophically fail on me a couple months ago and I’m trying desperately to get it fixed.

I’ve gone to shoe repair places, alteration places, etc with absolutely no takers on the job. They all just tell me it’s cheaper to buy a new one but I would rather keep this old dog that I’ve grown to love.

I am relatively positive they are out of business. If you search William Joseph Fishing, West Jordan, UT Google comes back with PERMANENTLY CLOSED.

FWIW - This USED to be the contact info:

William Joseph
8100 South 1300 West Suite D
West Jordan, Utah 84088

801-256-9100
800-269-1875 (Monday-Friday, 8-5,MST)

That being said, I don't know your pack or problem but I once successfully replaced a zipper on an older than dirt Orvis rod bag I had for decades. I sourced the correct zipper type & length on the Internet and did the repair on my ancient sewing machine.

Good luck

Last edited:
They are 100% out of business and have been for around a decade. I have one of their Mag Series Packs (Surge) which doesn't have zippers. If you can find one on eBay I would HIGHLY recommend getting one as it eliminates the hassle of zippers because it uses rare earth rope magnets for all the closures. Expect to pay a premium price though as these William Joseph Mag Series packs are still in high demand but obviously not always easy to locate (it took me months of searching eBay to find one and I paid around $80 for it). Good luck and Tight Lines :)

Hello All:
Does anyone know if William Joseph is still in business? If they are does anyone know their contact info or website? Would be idea if I could contact their warranty repair dept to see if they could fix it for me.

I have a 20 yr old favorite chest pack of theirs that just had the zipper catastrophically fail on me a couple months ago and I’m trying desperately to get it fixed.

I’ve gone to shoe repair places, alteration places, etc with absolutely no takers on the job. They all just tell me it’s cheaper to buy a new one but I would rather keep this old dog that I’ve grown to love.

Dear curtrein,

I'm really good at sowing but sewing isn't my forte. I'm sure you could find a local seamstress to replace the zipper if you don't want to try the job yourself. You may even have someone in your family that can do it for you?

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Back