Wild Water Braided vs Blue Sky Furled Leaders

I've been using my blue sky and still really like it. It has no memory at all, even after being on my reel when I pack up my rod and reel after fishing. Today I even had a pretty long tippet and still turned my fly over beautifully. It's the light furled leader, 6" of 3x, and today had about 6 ft of 5x on the end. I'm very happy with this leader but would like to try the uni-thread leader.

I've been using Cutthroat leaders for the past 2 weeks and LOVE THEM! I cant believe I wasted my time with others leaders. Give them a try trust me you wont be sorry.

delta_dog wrote:
I've been using Cutthroat leaders for the past 2 weeks and LOVE THEM! I cant believe I wasted my time with others leaders. Give them a try trust me you wont be sorry.

Just checked out the website. I think I'm gonna try these out. I'm thinking the camo nymph leader in 50".

I have the dry fly and hybrid nymph in 4,5,6 and 7,8 and the 50" floro hybrid in 4,5,6. Love them all. The floro hybrid gets you deep FAST.

I was told flouro gets brittle when the water temp gets below 40 degrees. Is this true?

Interesting.

The guys that manufacture the mono furled leaders say they are superior... the guys that use thread say they are superior.

Anyhow, the breaking strength of the thread leaders is pretty light on the trout leaders. I guess you would have to be careful not to put an "extender" on the thread leader that wasn't stronger than the thread itself... or go straight to the tippet material.

I'm interested in seeing how both kinds hold up. I'm betting that I'll be going back to a regular old hand tied, or straight tapered mono leader on my bigger rod that I use for smallies. That "medium" Blue Sky still hasn't straightened out. :-(

OK, I'm giving in. I posted earlier in this thread I use the Blue Sky leaders exclusively. I checked out the Streamside site and have ordered three to try out. They look nice and I'll be giving them a whirl. I do like to support the little guy and this obviously isn't a big company.

I ordered them this past weekend but haven't heard anything back from the seller. Has anyone had problems with the guy or is this normal. Normally I get an email my order was received or something like that.

Just emailed him with a question a day or so ago and got a quick answer.

Can't remember getting an acknowledgement from hin for the order, but he shipped pretty quickly.

Dave

I recently ordered from Streamside and the custom color leaders arrived a few days later. I was impressed with the service and got the colors I wanted. I am anxious to try them and like the idea of the tippet ring instead of attaching my own loop like the main brands.

Back