Why do you Fly Fish?

The original post was nice, beautiful backdrop and very nice sentiment. Leave it to the creative people on the board to respond with LOL comments like .....

To meet chicks
So I don't kill people
I look awesome doing it
Waders make my butt look smaller...

An excuse to explore. No joke, I suck at fly fishing big time. I don't even remember the last time I caught a trout.

The hunt... I like that I have to find ways to get close to the fish. Even the longest fishable casts are still pretty close compared to sniping something hundreds of yards away. It's why I love to bow hunt as well.

It make the bourbon taste even BETTER!

To focus my mind, to see the creation around me, to remember my brother.

Because I'd look pretty darn stupid just standing in the stream doing nothing.

Its one of the few times in life that i am completely dialed in. What i mean by that is i'm very focused and not thinking about anything else when i fish. If theres fish feeding on top in front of me i am totally engaged, i love it, hours go by in no time

What pcray said. It's a different puzzle each outing with beautiful scenery.

To rock all my Simms, Orvis ,Sage and other high-priced gear then drink PBR just like they do in the catalogs

Kray - when are you putting together the first Paflyfish golf outing?

To catch fish.

MD_Gene wrote:
The original post was nice, beautiful backdrop and very nice sentiment. Leave it to the creative people on the board to respond with LOL comments like .....

To meet chicks
So I don't kill people
I look awesome doing it
Waders make my butt look smaller...

Haha, don't act surprised Gene, you've met us........;-)

Boyer

You can be at once a teacher and a student in the most beautiful classrooms. Just leave your egos at the "door" lest you trip over them. Shed your worries because there is no place for them here on the stream. Let the only thing that's false be your casting.

A friend was playing harmonica for his jazz band every Tuesday night. One night, in the middle of a set, he hit the deck. 75% corroded arteries. Jefferson was minutes away, so he caught a break.

He rides moderate mountain biking now and what he likes about it is when on the trail you have to focus 100%, or you'll hit the deck. No time to think about work, bills, etc. Just ride and try to stay upright.

I think ffishing is similar. Hard to think about much else when on the stream. I like it for teaching patience as well. Catch fish, don't catch fish, it's a successful day if I didn't cuss on a wind knot, or tree snag. Just take my time and untangle it. It's all good.

Back