Why can't someone make waders that feel like dockers?

Congratulations on the weight loss!

When I lost weight last year I was able to get smaller boots and waders. Unfortunately I put most of the weight back on.

My problem (other than being overweight) is that the larger size waders fit OK but the feet are way too big so that I have to get big boots to fit the excess neoprene in the feet.

I just have to lose the weight again and keep it off this time.

But then again I don't like waders anyway. They are a necessary evil to cold water stream fishing.

One of the big mail order companies has up to 5x , it's right in their ad i think it's Cabelas. I used to weigh 320-330 or so and i bought the fly wieght breathable ones in 4x so if i had to dress warm there was room underneath , since my accident i lost a bunch of weight and had to sell all my old wading gear and buy new. I had a thourough education on waders being an amputee and i'm down to 207 right now , Cabelas has the sizes you'll need and they are resonably priced and offer a wide range of type and style and accesories i think you get the best bang for your buck at Cabelas. If you would be down east though Boss , Bass Pro Shop might be just as good.

Ya, I am certainly pushing the boundaries on my Simms XL's right now. I gotta get moving and loose this blubber cause I ain't buying another pair.

boss needs a new hero shot for his avatar.

Did you try the folks over at ALbright, they are really easy to deal with.

How about me in my BIG waders now...

Ha

boss_steb wrote:
I am a ginormous guy...and can't find a pair of waders to fit my fat calves...I know...many of you have heard me lament this on here before...

Husky angler is out of business...Big Camo breathables (might have been Patagonia) don't come close in the 3XL...even the Kings in Simms don't fit my calves...still looking for a custom shop for waders.

Just seems like some company should be able to create a pair of Wading pants or waders that feel like dockers...

No need to respond...just my normal rant....

Boss
OMG do you hear yourself ? Just lose some pounds.

boss_steb wrote:
hey guys...just an update..if you remember I started this thread...way back when hector was a pup...well...I found a solution to the big calves and non-fitting waders...and it seems to the ticket...

Since June 1, I have cut just shy of 90 lbs...no exercise, not hungry, and no surgery...I started with a nutrionist and amazing...the weight has come off...yes, I miss my cans of coke and bag of chips each night...but I fit in my old 2xls with room to spare...BP went from 143 over 93 to 117 over 78...

Boss (probably sounds a bit like bragging) just happy to fit into my draws...again...)
My point proven. Good for you. Congrats. And I hope you have many more days on the water. Keep at it and God Bless.

Back